There are 339 users in the forums

Monday Night Football: Packers and Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by jrg:
Mike McCarthy

Poor discipline is a sign of bad coaching (17 penalties). Not giving your team the best chance to win is a sign of bad coaching (LET THEM SCORE!). Not putting the ball in your best players' hands is a sign of bad coaching (Give Aaron a chance with the ball and 1:30). Mike McCarthy

Tauscer was the worst thing ever tonight. We should trade them Rachal for a third. I think they would bite.

Fixed.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for znk916.
so much for preseason eh? think the bears went 0-4 and looked like s**t

and we all know how we did and have done since
Originally posted by znk916:

We have the curse of the 4-0 preseason working against us. Think the last team to do that was the 0-16 lions
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Mike McCarthy

Poor discipline is a sign of bad coaching (17 penalties). Not giving your team the best chance to win is a sign of bad coaching (LET THEM SCORE!). Not putting the ball in your best players' hands is a sign of bad coaching (Give Aaron a chance with the ball and 1:30). Mike McCarthy

To be fair they had a total of 8 penalties in the first 2 games. (The 49ers by comparison had 8 in our first game this season). And the discipline doesn't fall strictly on MM, you also have to factor Capers and the position coaches in there as well.
  • dj43
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
After watching this game I'm convinced our recievers have no idea how to catch a football. Anyone just see Olsen(I think) go up to snag the high ball from Cutler? If he did that here and it gets picked or as an incomplete pass everyone would say he sucks.

It was obvious from watching that game that the Green Bay receivers ALL have better hands than any of the 49er receivers.

Also, Mike Johnson needs to send a copy of the work Donald Driver did in this game on passes over the middle to Michael Crabtree. The guy is a stud. He uses his body very well to shield defenders away from the ball and he has no fear. Things Crabtree refuses, or doesn't know how to do.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by znk916:

We have the curse of the 4-0 preseason working against us. Think the last team to do that was the 0-16 lions

ya I know some of us were rooting hard to lose that last game so we'd finish 3-1
Share 49ersWebzone