There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Adam Schefter said he keeps hearing Harbaugh will be heading to Michigan...

It's NFL coaching-bate, many experts think Michigan isn't really that crazy about Harbaugh.

Harbaugh is gonna be the 49ers HC of 2010 after we clean the FO in Jan. -My gut tells me the 49ers are gonna bank 50% of their draft from this year to trade up for Andrew Luck (with Carolina) in April.

As much as I would love to draft Andrew Luck, I don't think that would be a wise decision.

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 26, 2010 at 13:41:06 ]
Matt Barrows via Twitter:

Quote:
Jed York speaks -- say he'll conduct a search for a new GM, that he and that GM will conduct coaching search.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/19151329549094912

Matt Barrows via Twitter:

Quote:
Jed York speaks -- say he'll conduct a search for a new GM, that he and that GM will conduct coaching search.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/19151329549094912

and so it begins. Jed is actually making a good choice.
Originally posted by PTulini:

It's NFL coaching-bate, many experts think Michigan isn't really that crazy about Harbaugh.

Harbaugh is gonna be the 49ers HC of 2010 after we clean the FO in Jan. -My gut tells me the 49ers are gonna bank 50% of their draft from this year to trade up for Andrew Luck (with Carolina) in April.

As much as I would love to draft Andrew Luck, I don't think that would be a wise decision.

Yeah, it's truly a high risk/reward situation. Personally, I wanna draft Prince Aku-hit-yo-momma/Pat Peterson at first, and Stanzi/Devlin in the 3rd/4th round.

Yeah, it's truly a high risk/reward situation. Personally, I wanna draft Prince Aku-hit-yo-momma/Pat Peterson at first, and Stanzi/Devlin in the 3rd/4th round.

It takes 1st round QB's to win in this league. Check the stats......
Might as well add Norv Turner, Gary Kubiak, and Jason Garrett to the list.
harbaugh harbaugh harbaugh!
Originally posted by teeohh:
harbaugh harbaugh harbaugh!

Really? You're content with cast-off FA QBs? Or gambling 2-3 years to develop one?

I'll do whatever it takes for a good chance at a franchise QB. Easiest path to a championship; taking a dent in one draft isn't a big deal long term.

[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Dec 26, 2010 at 19:07:00 ]
on nbc bay area they said that Harbaugh's wife had a baby this week

accept the 49ers job and that family gets to stay in beautiful California
Quote:
mortreport: You have to wonder if 49ers fired Singletary to take their best shot @ Jim Harbaugh before Michigan or someone else does post-Orange Bowl
Originally posted by teeohh:
on nbc bay area they said that Harbaugh's wife had a baby this week

accept the 49ers job and that family gets to stay in beautiful California

This is how it's gonna go down:

1. Jed hires a some-what quality GM.
2. Jim Harbaugh gets the coaching gig (Jan 4th, after the Orange Bowl).
3. In response to #2, Luck suddenly decides to declare (knowing behind the lines that the 49ers will bank the draft on him to move up to the #1 spot to get him).
Originally posted by WINiner:

Brady, Warner, Brees
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Brady, Warner, Brees

LOL. The exception does not prove the rule. He wasn't saying it never has happened. He's talking about the likelihood of it happening. Let's take a quick look at the playoff teams this year.

PHI - Vick (1st rounder)
CHI - Cutler (1st)
GB - Rodgers (1st)
ATL - Ryan (1st)
NO - Brees (2nd)
NE - Brady (6th)
NYJ - Sanchez (1st)
BAL - Flacco (1st)
PIT - Roethlisberger (1st)
IND - Manning (1st)
KC - Cassel (7th)

The NFC West is undecided between either Bradford (1st) or Hasselbeck (6th). Also the Giants with Manning (1st) still have a shot. But the above results speak for themselves:

11 Teams
8 First Round QBs
1 Second Rounder
1 Sixth
1 7th
What about Cam Cameron, Ravens OC?

- he'd make it 3 in a row former Ravens (don't know if that's a good thing)
- sharp OC
- previous HC and sucked hard (perhaps learned a thing or two)
- develops QBs (Flacco in Baltimore, Brees and Rivers in San Diego)
- familiar with Troy Smith (can let him know politely that he's gone and not coming back, without fear of Troy beating his @ss, hopefully)