There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Originally posted by al49erfan:
i voted Harbaugh becuase at Stanford he uses a ball control type of offense- this way the BIG guys we have got wont be wasted in a pass type offense. He was a QB and is an offensive coach. Has been very successful everywhere (29-6 at san diego and and turned the stanford team around) he has gone and he looks like he loves coaching.

I have to add that i just watched the first half of the Stanford Notre Dame game and i love his offense. He just looks for mismatches all over the field and overloads one side alot with TE and extra Tackles.... at one point i think he had the offensive line like this G-C-G-T-T it was a werid formation but it just shows how creative he is and its like Coach Sings offense on STEROIDS (and better excuted and thought out)
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by al49erfan:
i voted Harbaugh becuase at Stanford he uses a ball control type of offense- this way the BIG guys we have got wont be wasted in a pass type offense. He was a QB and is an offensive coach. Has been very successful everywhere (29-6 at san diego and and turned the stanford team around) he has gone and he looks like he loves coaching.

I like your reasoning! I am just leery of a college head coach. Harbaugh would be a good one though!

his brother is in the NFL, spent time in the college ranks from 1984-1997(never as a head coach tho) and he father was a coach (granted at college) but its in the family i think this is why i dont worry about him being a college coach first.
I hear Mike Nolan wants another shot. I hear he might bring Dennis Erickson as his next OC.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
I hear Mike Nolan wants another shot. I hear he might bring Dennis Erickson as his next OC.

Don't even kid around with that double nightmare!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by j3xperience:
I hear Mike Nolan wants another shot. I hear he might bring Dennis Erickson as his next OC.

Don't even kid around with that double nightmare!

And that Baalke... he better watch his ass too cause I know Terry Donahue is just itching to get back into the saddle!
How about Tony Dungy?

I have heard him say that he is not interested in returning to coaching, but if he were, what do you think about him as our HC?
Singletary, because with 13 games left we can still turn this around and save this season and his job. that's what I want to happen.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Oct 1, 2010 at 7:44 AM ]
So if we were to acquire Gruden would we have to wait until the end of the season, or could we snag him after week 5? Does his MNF contract forbid him from opting-out during mid-season?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Singletary, because with 13 games left we can still turn this around and save this season and his job. that's what I want to happen.

he might be out this week!
Great read on Harbaugh.

I want this guy to coach the Niners!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Singletary, because with 13 games left we can still turn this around and save this season and his job. that's what I want to happen.

he might be out this week!

if we get blown out again there would be less justification for keeping him on, i guess, but who would we replace him with for the rest of the year?
I'd love o see Chris Peterson of Boise State. Creative, gutsy and an offensive x's and o's coach.

I'd also be happy with Jim Harbaugh. He would probably be a great fit for the personnel we already have, as one of the other posters pointed out!
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Great read on Harbaugh.

I want this guy to coach the Niners!



College coaches make me nervous.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Great read on Harbaugh.

I want this guy to coach the Niners!



College coaches make me nervous.

Yeah, Stanford coaches never really work out in the NFL. Didn't we get a Stanford coach sometimes in the late 70's? How'd he turn out?
Kirk ferentz, but he will never leave Iowa.