LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Originally posted by BenQ:
why is jon harbaugh in consideration. is he falling out in baltimore?

Hahaha that made my day bro.
How about Lane Kiffin?
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
How about Lane Kiffin?

just to make sure, everyone remembers that Walsh was hired from Stanford way back when right?

not to mention Harbaugh is 2-1 vs Carroll with one win as 41 pt underdogs and the other being the most points allowed by USC ever
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
How about Lane Kiffin?

Hey gimme a break, our team just got their butts handed to them by a mediocre team! I am grasping for straws here.
gruden would lick his chops with all the weapons for the wc offense...everything is in place for this team to win...they just need better management.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
gruden would lick his chops with all the weapons for the wc offense...everything is in place for this team to win...they just need better management.

except for an accurate QB to hit receivers in stride on the short/intermediate WCO routes
Gruden will be fine as long as he has a QB, most head coaches are, but Gruden has the ability to take us all the way if he has one. If not him, I like Harbaugh.

I'm trying to think of some offensive coordinators who I'd give a shot. Does Kubiak call the plays in Houston or does he have an OC?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
All this talk of big-name ex super bowl coaches is a pipedream. The Yorks are likely to target a guy like Brian Schottenheimer.
what bout the jets OC i thought he was being heavily looked at to be a hc oh and what bout tony dungy
[ Edited by 9erObsession on Sep 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM ]

Re-treads never work Harbaugh has got the NFL pedigree as a starting Quarterback, his brother is a head coach at this level too, and he has got a bunch of Stanford kids to buy into his "blue-collar" system. He coaches the WCO, was able to go from a run-first team with Toby Gerhart last year to a pass-first team with Luck this year.

Harbaugh was hired around the same time as Nolan and at the time both Coaches were saying similar things so the philosophy is close, except of course Harbaugh actually backed up what he was saying with results.
Harbuagh, his style fits our personnel, short turn around no need to scrap the whole team. He like power running, he likes a 3-4 D, but he knows how to mix it up!
Harbaugh make a ton of sense to me, my only beef if that we are not sure his offense will translate to the NFL (three tackles formations?) the other top prospect will be gruden who has super bowl ring, he has shown he can win in this league but his problem as many of you have pointed out is the development of young qb he hast done it, that worrys me, if we really suck this year and have a good pick next year maybe we can draft LUCK and if that happens Harbaugh will make sence... any of the two I would love, I think the York would prefer to hire Harbaugh because it will be cheaper but gruden is a proven winner and this team is set to win now....
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by BenQ:
why is jon harbaugh in consideration. is he falling out in baltimore?

jim harbaugh of stanford

holy s**t
My top 3 are: (in no particular order)

1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jon Gruden

And I would also like to add...

3. Marty Mornhinweg- Phiadelphia Eagles Asst. HC/Offensive Coordinator

What do you think about Eagles Asst. Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg? Sure he didn't have much success as HC of the Detroit Lions, but most coaches haven't done well in Detroit. Some head coaches have failed in their first attempt. Just look at Bill Belichick from his days with the Cleveland Browns.

Mornhinweg has a previous history with our San Francisco 49ers and he can re-establish the West Coast Offense. I think most people around here would be happy!
Share 49ersWebzone