LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

ESPN Article on Greatness of Steelers D

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/17943/scouts-inc-steelers-have-nfls-best-defense

It is a good read, and makes our unit feel like it still has a ways to go. If Brooks can become a legitimate, consistent pass-rusher, and we can add some players to our secondary in next year's draft, I think we can close the gap significantly.
There are 2 huge diferences.

1. Troy Polamalu Safeties this good don't come around often.

2. Woodley and Harrison are complete OLB'ers. they play all 4 downs. They can cover, stop the run. and pass rush. The Niners use 4 OLB'ers to accomplish this. And those 4 guys added up can't equal those 2 in production. Woodley is a FA send him a contract day 1.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Troy Polamalu = Ronnie Lott
Dude if the Steelers win ANOTHER ring this year, I seriously just might start punching everything within reach of my fists at random.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Sep 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
There are 2 huge diferences.

1. Troy Polamalu Safeties this good don't come around often.

2. Woodley and Harrison are complete OLB'ers. they play all 4 downs. They can cover, stop the run. and pass rush. The Niners use 4 OLB'ers to accomplish this. And those 4 guys added up can't equal those 2 in production. Woodley is a FA send him a contract day 1.

just to repeat, HUGE differences
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Dude if the Steelers win ANOTHER ring this year, I seriously just might start punching everything within reach of my fists at random.

me too man. my friend's a steeler's fan and he brags about being sixburg steelers
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

me too man. my friend's a steeler's fan and he brags about being sixburg steelers

Is it really that big of a deal?
Originally posted by Chief:
Troy Polamalu = Ronnie Lott
Share 49ersWebzone