Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by valrod33:
who is that

Viki Vale

who the fuk?

Stop hating on Smiley dude was a baller. He gave it 110% every play.
i do he was a great G
Why would we miss a player that didn't fit what we were trying to do? For about the 10th time, Smiley was let go because he was an ATHLETIC PULLING GUARD - NOT A RUN BLOCKING MAULER. We wanted a more physical line - Smiley didn't fit.

He didn't do well here, because what we wanted him to do didn't fit his strengths. He did well elsewhere, because he found a team that he fit in better. HOW is this so hard to understand??
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Why would we miss a player that didn't fit what we were trying to do? For about the 10th time, Smiley was let go because he was an ATHLETIC PULLING GUARD - NOT A RUN BLOCKING MAULER. We wanted a more physical line - Smiley didn't fit.

He didn't do well here, because what we wanted him to do didn't fit his strengths. He did well elsewhere, because he found a team that he fit in better. HOW is this so hard to understand??

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
When he wasn't on IR. Nah but seriously, if he was healthy when he was in SF, I think he would've still been here and there would be no Chilo Rachal, we probably would've got Desean Jackson in the draft.
Kind of a wierd thread to pop up after one of the best games by a Niner o-line in recent memory.
If I am going to miss a guard from the past who wore 65 it would be Ray Brown not Justin Smiley
Share 49ersWebzone