LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

*rumour* Cowboys to fire Wade Phillips on monday

Shop 49ers game tickets
Does anyone know if the coaches mentioned run the same O and/ or D system? If so, they might be the person they go with. I agree that highering outside of the current staff is a HUGE risk, but if they did, a coach with the same or similar system seems like the only logical choice. I can't see a way that a coach with a different system can come in mid season and be successful.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Janitor:
I don't know why this is being debated, Phillips isn't getting fired. Jones is one of the most shrewd owners in the NFL, he knows better than to flip out after a couple of bad games, and he just signed Phillips to an extension, as well as putting his full support behind him. This thread should be locked until there is even the slightest hint of truth to this, which at this point there is not.

I don't understand why people always call for a thread to be locked. If people want to discuss a rumor, let it be.

Because some people have internet tough guy napoleon complexes and they like to exert control over something in their lives. It just so happens that it ends up being internet message boards where they can make themselves feel important by trying to control others. Usually they end up being mods.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
If Wade gets fired, Jason Garrett is a shoe in for the job.

Jason Garrett might get the Axe with Philips. My roomate is a Cowboy fan so i watch all the games with him. Garrett's play calling is as retarded as his plays.

If you think Jimmy Raye runs too much. Garret passes wayyyyy to much.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thojess:
I don't know why this is being debated, Phillips isn't getting fired. Jones is one of the most shrewd owners in the NFL, he knows better than to flip out after a couple of bad games, and he just signed Phillips to an extension, as well as putting his full support behind him. This thread should be locked until there is even the slightest hint of truth to this, which at this point there is not.

I don't understand why people always call for a thread to be locked. If people want to discuss a rumor, let it be.

Because some people have internet tough guy napoleon complexes and they like to exert control over something in their lives. It just so happens that it ends up being internet message boards where they can make themselves feel important by trying to control others. Usually they end up being mods.

If Wade gets fired, Jason Garrett is a shoe in for the job.

This. And it's not even close!
Originally posted by 209ers:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I Wade gets fired, Jason Garrett is a shoe in for the job.

I don't know.......I thought this as well but lately his red zone offense has been pretty bad........not saying it's his fault but you know how it is.....

Then who's gonna get the job? Like somebody said, you don't bring in an outsider mid season.

many dallas fans feel garrett is overrated as f*** and a terrible play caller

They said the same about Sean Payton too. Dallas defense has killed any chances of winning in both games. Their secondary is worse than ours. Killed them vs the Skins and Bears lol.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by thojess:

lol Jimmy Johnson, he said something like

In the Wade Phillips era, the cowboys have the 2nd most penalties in the league & something else

"If this were my team, those mistakes would be fixed"

He talked about the vikings as well, but didnt say anything like that
Share 49ersWebzone