There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*rumour* Cowboys to fire Wade Phillips on monday

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I'm not sure Jason Garrett will be the next HC - he has been criticized a LOT recently in Dallas by the media and the fans.

...and the reason why Cowboys are losing is because of their offense - it will not make a lot of sense to promote the OC to HC.

Garrett MAY get the interim tag. I don't think he'd be made the new HC long term right off the bat, he'd have to make the playoffs and win in the playoffs to keep the job. Jones likely has his eye on the big name candidates to hire come January.
I miss Mariucci
I thought Garrett was all but guaranteed the next HC job????

Because didn't turn he down legit interest in other NFL HC jobs a couple of years ago just because of this promise?

I thought that was the case.

If not, I would say lets scoop up Garrett just on the fact that he would be a spurned Cowboy looking for vengeance
[ Edited by danimal on Sep 23, 2010 at 7:48 AM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
I thought Garrett was all but guaranteed the next HC job????

Because didn't turn he down legit interest in other NFL HC jobs a couple of years ago just because of this promise?

I thought that was the case.

If not, I would say lets scoop up Garrett just on the fact that he would be a spurned Cowboy looking for vengeance

He turned them down because he is getting paid like a head coach
if we ever lose Mansuky, Phillips would be a pretty ideal replacement, same system and not a threat to leave for HC position (then again most of us thought that about Norv Turner)
Would not mind bringing him as our Def. Coordinator, it seems every year Manusky is getting more and more recognition, he might be a HC sooner than we think.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
If they get Bill Cowher I will f**king throw s**t at my boss.

I hope not Cowher. He is my pick for the Niners if Sing doesn't get this team winning.
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
If they get Bill Cowher I will f**king throw s**t at my boss.

I hope not Cowher. He is my pick for the Niners if Sing doesn't get this team winning.

he's alright, but I dunno where he's gonna get another dick lebeau without poaching the real deal from the steelers
I don't know why this is being debated, Phillips isn't getting fired. Jones is one of the most shrewd owners in the NFL, he knows better than to flip out after a couple of bad games, and he just signed Phillips to an extension, as well as putting his full support behind him. This thread should be locked until there is even the slightest hint of truth to this, which at this point there is not.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I don't know why this is being debated, Phillips isn't getting fired. Jones is one of the most shrewd owners in the NFL, he knows better than to flip out after a couple of bad games, and he just signed Phillips to an extension, as well as putting his full support behind him. This thread should be locked until there is even the slightest hint of truth to this, which at this point there is not.

Oh yea I forgot they gave him an extension.
wow if the rumors are true, there is a chance phillips might do the same thing nolan did, quit when he heard he would be fired in a week
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
If they get Bill Cowher I will f**king throw s**t at my boss.

I hope not Cowher. He is my pick for the Niners if Sing doesn't get this team winning.

he's alright, but I dunno where he's gonna get another dick lebeau without poaching the real deal from the steelers

i want an offensive minded coach, cowher is good but he only won 1 sb while being the steelers coach like in forever. cowher would have to be the highest paid coach to come out to cali
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,837
Is it Wade Phillips fault Romo is a choker?
I think they should hire Ronnie Lott.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
wow if the rumors are true, there is a chance phillips might do the same thing nolan did, quit when he heard he would be fired in a week

Nolan was fired if I remember correctly.