LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 124 users in the forums

Saints Forums after the Monday Nighter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I would expect the demeanor of a fan-base coming off of a SB victory to be more collected than that of a fan-base coming off of many, many consecutive losing or non-winning seasons.

agreed. It's easy to compliment a 'lesser' team's effort when you still win and your team is a defending champ.

however, there are exceptions. Like this f**k sitting down about 4 seats from me. This guy was the most annoying piece of s**t opposing fan I've ever been around. And I've seen some real s**theels.

I wanting to choke this a*****e with his stupid marti gras jewelry.

dude were you are the game? were u at the tailgate? do i just not remember seeing u due to a million jello shots?

a bunch of my friends and I take a motorhome to most of the games, park in the RV lot, get there about 6:30am, and start drinking. I planned on going over there and saying whats up to you guys, but I drank too much and passed out for a little bit. Besides even had I not fell asleep, there was no way I would have made it all the way across the parking lot. Woke up just in time to eat, pound a six-pack and head in.

I plan on going to the Philly tailgate though.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM ]
Quote:
The evening started off on a tear with a quick safety and touchdown bringing forth a 9-0 lead before the game was even six minutes old. It appeared as if the Saints had regained their form and the route was on. That changed quickly though as San Francisco stymied the offense and forced punt after punt from Thomas Morstead and thus allowed Frank Gore and Alex Smith to put on a bit of a show that is usually seen in black and gold not maroon and gold. What exactly was going on here?

New Orleans couldn't finish off drives and ended up with field goals. San Francisco did nothing but drive down the field and then have some sort of drive-killing turnover. Drew Brees looked great out there. Alex Smith looked more then adequate to lead his team to victory, and he almost did. The Saints running game was virtually non-existent. San Francisco gashed New Orleans for 142 rushing yards including 112 from Gore. By all accounts, you'd have no real idea who won this game and that is why it went down to the wire and almost into overtime.

Quote:
There is no doubt the Niners owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, which I think is what he meant with that comment--he's saying they should have won, which is true. They lost because they made too many mistakes. The Saints won because they made very few mistakes and took advantage of the mistakes the Niners made...and got a few breaks when they most needed them.

A win is a win, but you feel better about it when you see your team control the line of scrimmage. Not that I'm complaining, I just think Gore has a point.

I wanted to see Nicks and Evans take over in the second half like they did against Minnesota, but the 49ers didn't allow that to happen. They played well for the most part and should win a lot of games this year.
"candlestick park is a slum and needs to be leveled to the ground."

http://blackandgold.com/saints/29118-49ers-superbowl-monday-night.html

f**k them
they really think they created those turn overs and they really think their offense sputtered.

They think they almost gave the game to us. lol
That forum needs a road map. I have no idea where to go when I want to discuss or read specific things. Webmaster is several steps ahead of those guys
Originally posted by defenderDX:

f**k them

This coming from a fan of a team who plays in a stadium that almost WAS a few years ago.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Sep 24, 2010 at 7:40 AM ]
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
That forum needs a road map. I have no idea where to go when I want to discuss or read specific things. Webmaster is several steps ahead of those guys

THE ZONE FTW!!!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

f**k them

This coming from a fan of a team who plays in a stadium that almost WAS a few years ago.

i know lol
Share 49ersWebzone