LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Michael Vick named starter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by baltien:

The threat of Vick has been drastically mitigated once defenses figured out that the way to beat him is (not surprisingly) to keep him in the pocket and make him pass.

Detroit aside, I don't think he has done anything to make defenses respect his arm.

Well that's the only full game he played. And vs the Packers he made plays with his arm aswell as running. Time will tell

I think it'll be prudent to watch how Vick performs for the next 5/6 games. His tougher games stretch will start against the 49ers (unless the 49ers lose against the Chiefs, and totally fall apart after that).
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Michael Vick looks legit out there. Some of these throws he is making today, he never made them before.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Michael Vick looks legit out there. Some of these throws he is making today, he never made them before.

3 TD passes. Having legitimate speedsters on the outside is really elevating his game. I'm still not buying him until he does it against division foes though.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

3 TD passes. Having legitimate speedsters on the outside is really elevating his game. I'm still not buying him until he does it against division foes though.

dude

He;s better than smith, the way he throws and delivers the ball with touch/accuracy.

I wonder if Willis would still be sticking up for smith with vick on the roster. We'll see in two weeks.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

dude

He;s better than smith, the way he throws and delivers the ball with touch/accuracy.

I wonder if Willis would still be sticking up for smith with vick on the roster. We'll see in two weeks.

Why are we talking about Alex Smith? Honestly this is pretty killing our chances of getting Vick. Philly's going to lock that man up if he continues to play the way he is.

dude

Why are we talking about Alex Smith? Honestly this is pretty killing our chances of getting Vick. Philly's going to lock that man up if he continues to play the way he is.

Im a hater

But reid is still high on kevin kolb for some reason

dude

It's a done deal..Vick will never be a 9er. They had their chance and blew it.
Vick is killing it. making the proper reads and perfect throws. Using his feet when necessary. and this is playing behind a shaky o line. He's not looking like he' s back he's looking better than what he was.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Vick is killing it. making the proper reads and perfect throws. Using his feet when necessary. and this is playing behind a shaky o line. He's not looking like he' s back he's looking better than what he was.

I wish we would of signed him when we had the chance..

Originally posted by Chief:

Pretty much now we know why ever national analyst mentioned out loud about the Niners going after various different qb's. Instead they thought by standing by Alex and constantly saying he's our qb and that the team isn't interested in any other qb. I mean they even passed on Clausen 2 or 3 times. Not saying he's gonna be great but why would you pass on him in the later rounds to develop when Smith is your qb. I believe it was all done to boost Smith's confidence and it still didn't work.

Originally posted by Chief:

Pretty much now we know why ever national analyst mentioned out loud about the Niners going after various different qb's. Instead they thought by standing by Alex and constantly saying he's our qb and that the team isn't interested in any other qb. I mean they even passed on Clausen 2 or 3 times. Not saying he's gonna be great but why would you pass on him in the later rounds to develop when Smith is your qb. I believe it was all done to boost Smith's confidence and it still didn't work.

they passed on clausen twice, he was chosen right before taylor mays
damn now he quoted steve young

yay! we passed on some talented player because we were afraid of what the sf hipsters might think, even though they could give two s**ts about football.

ughh
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

yay! we passed on some talented player because we were afraid of what the sf hipsters might think, even though they could give two s**ts about football.

ughh

Several teams had a chance to take Vick - only Eagles did. It's not because of what SF "hipsters" might think - everyone had reservations about him - whether it's SF or Tennessee.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

ughh

Several teams had a chance to take Vick - only Eagles did. It's not because of what SF "hipsters" might think - everyone had reservations about him - whether it's SF or Tennessee.

I remember many people saying they didn't want a "dog killer" on the team, and a lot was said about oh it's san francisco, it has a bunch of liberals, if they bring him on the team, it'll be bad for the image and all this s**t. after all that, we quickly went on the media and said we had no interest in him.

what other possible reservations might we have had about him? he was never known as a cancer in the football field or in the locker room. i'm pretty sure the "image" was the deciding, if not the only factor for our refusal to even show interest.

i think even sing praised him before we closed the book on him.
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone