LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

Michael Vick named starter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
I love Vick, this is great news, I'm VERY happy for the guy, bout to whip that ATL Vick jersey back out...

However...idc what some of you say, Vick is a new man, the guy is playing great ball and hes gonna be trouble come week 5...trouble...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
the Eagles O-line is in shambles. i'm not worried about meeting a Vick-led Philly team

umm... lol
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
fwiw, we meet the Eagles under the lights at the Stick in prime time. the Niners are just too tough at home under these conditions.
Bring on Vick, We'll introduce him to J. Smith, A. Brooks, M. Lawson, and P. Willy ALL GAME LONG. I'd rather face Vick than Kolb to be honest, Vick makes mental mistakes when he gets pressured and cant run.

I worry more about Desean Jackson and his ability to get return yards and YAC!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
good for Vick he deserves it. all you guys saying he's not dangerous as a passer are crazy. he makes defenses have to bring a safety into the box to defend against his running skills so that leaves the secondary thinner than usual and he has a very accurate deep pass. i think hes a new QB than he was earlier in his career. i will definitely start him again this week along with Desean Jackson and Shady Mccoy. jaguars are gonna get raped

As of now Vick is hardly a "dangerous" passer nor has he ever been. He's been a good passer sure, and a dangerous QB because of his scrambling ability.

But on pure passing alone? Nah.

I don't see how a guy that has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season can be classified as a dangerous passer. And I'd also refute your point about him being accurate with the deep ball. That's actually one of his biggest weaknesses.

He definitely has a cannon for an arm, but routinely overthrew, or under-threw receivers in Atlanta. ESPECIALLY on deep routes. All of that aside I still think he's leaps and bounds better than Kolb, and definitely deserves the starting gig.

Congrats to him.

Did you watch him shred Detroit apart. Nevermind that Detroit ranked last in every passing stat you could imagine.

He'll shred Jacksonville apart but we'll see what he does the next 2 weeks when he faces Washington and us.

You pretty much answered your own question. Vick tearing apart a terrible Lions defense hardly qualifies him as a "dangerous passer." Let's see him do it against a GOOD defense, and then do it on a CONSISTENT basis, then we can talk.

The threat of Vick has been drastically mitigated once defenses figured out that the way to beat him is (not surprisingly) to keep him in the pocket and make him pass.

Detroit aside, I don't think he has done anything to make defenses respect his arm.
Word is, now the Brownies are trying to acquire Kolb from the iggles..
good for Vick he deserves it. all you guys saying he's not dangerous as a passer are crazy. he makes defenses have to bring a safety into the box to defend against his running skills so that leaves the secondary thinner than usual and he has a very accurate deep pass. i think hes a new QB than he was earlier in his career. i will definitely start him again this week along with Desean Jackson and Shady Mccoy. jaguars are gonna get raped

As of now Vick is hardly a "dangerous" passer nor has he ever been. He's been a good passer sure, and a dangerous QB because of his scrambling ability.

I don't see how a guy that has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season can be classified as a dangerous passer. And I'd also refute your point about him being accurate with the deep ball. That's actually one of his biggest weaknesses.

He definitely has a cannon for an arm, but routinely overthrew, or under-threw receivers in Atlanta. ESPECIALLY on deep routes. All of that aside I still think he's leaps and bounds better than Kolb, and definitely deserves the starting gig.

Congrats to him.

Did you watch him shred Detroit apart. Nevermind that Detroit ranked last in every passing stat you could imagine.

He'll shred Jacksonville apart but we'll see what he does the next 2 weeks when he faces Washington and us.

You pretty much answered your own question. Vick tearing apart a terrible Lions defense hardly qualifies him as a "dangerous passer." Let's see him do it against a GOOD defense, and then do it on a CONSISTENT basis, then we can talk.

The threat of Vick has been drastically mitigated once defenses figured out that the way to beat him is (not surprisingly) to keep him in the pocket and make him pass.

Detroit aside, I don't think he has done anything to make defenses respect his arm.

Well that's the only full game he played. And vs the Packers he made plays with his arm aswell as running. Time will tell
I heard an interview with an Eagles player this morning that referred to Vick "taking an absence" for a couple years. It gives kids and other players the impression that people will overlook anything if you can play a good game and sell some jerseys. I'm not saying he needs to wear his prison number on his jersey, but the whole NFL doesn't need to jump back on the bandwagon so quickly.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

If this were to happen, wow! Vick takes over Kolb's job and Kolb gets dumped to the Dog Pound...........too easy of a joke!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

If this were to happen, wow! Vick takes over Kolb's job and Kolb gets dumped to the Dog Pound...........too easy of a joke!

Eagles won't trade Kolb this year.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Congrats to him.

Well that's the only full game he played. And vs the Packers he made plays with his arm aswell as running. Time will tell

Vick has a mid 60's completion percentage so far this year, i believe 67% is what they said on NFL Network. he's playing smarter than hes ever played and he looks way more accurate. Vick is dangerous dont kid yourselves.
Jacksonville is gonna get raped
Hmm, so basically the Eagles traded McNabb to start Vick.

Congrats to him.

It was supposed to be a sarcastic comment.

I agree with you 100%. What people here fail to realize is that every quarterback completes 65+% of their passes against Detroit. Every quarterback puts a 100+ rating against Detroit.

It's the worse passing defense in every stat imagineable. Marcus Vick would have tore apart that pathetic defense.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone