There are 210 users in the forums

Broncos reciever Kenny McKinley commits suicide

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
RIP

On a side note -- it's hard for me to grasp the idea of depression when you're in a profession millions would kill to be in. I know this may be hard-headed, but don't football players LOVE football? McDaniels said this kid was the most excited when he called him during the draft. I know Coffee found God, but I can't fathom a pro football player being sad about being a pro football player...

There's more to life than just football.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
RIP

On a side note -- it's hard for me to grasp the idea of depression when you're in a profession millions would kill to be in. I know this may be hard-headed, but don't football players LOVE football? McDaniels said this kid was the most excited when he called him during the draft. I know Coffee found God, but I can't fathom a pro football player being sad about being a pro football player...

There's more to life than just football.

apparently he didnt know anything else besides football

[ Edited by schmons on Sep 21, 2010 at 19:28:59 ]
very sad and unfortunate for his family and teammates. At 5'6, i would do anything for the opportunity to play in the NFL, unfortunately I am not big enough and not as fast as Sproles and MJD lol. I just dont get how you can take your own life, especially with such god given talent and potential
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
may you REST Comfortably

• flow
  • Veteran
RIP, Kenny.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Sad, especially since the girl brought his son with him when they found him. He had to see it.

The only positive thing I can say to that was I heard the son was only 1 year old so I pray he doesn't remember anything.
rip Kenny McKinley. i dont care who you are or where youre at if you hear a loved one talk about suicide YOU CHECK THEM ON THAT.
RIP

Sometime you think you know a person, but sometimes people just simply do not let you in. I suffered through a really good friend taking his own life this past March 2010. I was in complete shock, because this is the type of dude you would never think would do such a terrible thing. I never saw my friend angry and he was always smiling and caring for others, going out of his way to help people. He had recently married a tremendous girl and appearances were they were made for each other. I don't know why he did it, but I guess everyone has their own reasons, and some people can deal with it and some cannot.

Kenny McKinley's suicide hit very close to home for me, because of my recent loss of a close friend in that same manner; moreover, living in Colorado magnified the media attention to this sad situation. It sucks dude, it really sucks. I just hope and pray his family and friends are able to forgive and move on. I know it's still challenging for me, kicking myself for thinking I wish there was a way I could have helped.
RIP

first of all R.I.P. to the departed.

im also at a loss as to why someone would end their life. especially guys like this guys, kurt kobain and people in positions of status like that. even if your just a regular everyday person nothing is worth throwing your life away, thats the cowards way out. i have a friend struggling with depression who makes threats about committing suicide and her reasons are illogical to me. i dont wanna be judgmental but it seems stupid to me.

I wonder if it has to do something with the thinner air. I certainly hope he didn't commit the act because he was a fellow depressed 49er fan. Anyhow, RIP. It must be hard as a teammate and family member reflecting on missing the signs. Hopefully everyone can recover and grow from it.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
RIP

first of all R.I.P. to the departed.

im also at a loss as to why someone would end their life. especially guys like this guys, kurt kobain and people in positions of status like that. even if your just a regular everyday person nothing is worth throwing your life away, thats the cowards way out. i have a friend struggling with depression who makes threats about committing suicide and her reasons are illogical to me. i dont wanna be judgmental but it seems stupid to me.

By "status like that", do you mean having money? If so, money doesn't create happiness, it only makes some things easier. Obviously he was not happy and for what reasons, we don't know. We only knew him as a football player.

[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Sep 22, 2010 at 08:11:29 ]
Kenny McKinley was deep in debt

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5871796&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5871796&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Well I guess he dont have to pay that money anymore.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Well I guess he dont have to pay that money anymore.

Yup and his son grows up without a father....i'll leave it at that
Share 49ersWebzone