LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Alex Smith vs. Tim Rattay

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by titan:
I remember him having a couple of good games and then sucking! kinda like a JTO and Shaun hill. They were like a flavor of the week and you get sick of them. We need more of a permanent solution and that solution is still in college and hopefully not in highschool. Mallet,Luck,Locker I really don't care which of them we get! but we need to give them a chance just like we gave Smith's his.

I would love to see luck out there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex Smith vs Bruce Gradkowski

who would you take ?
Originally posted by susweel:

who would you take ?

Gradkowski, easy. He should of been the Raiders starter since he's been on the team. Best QB they got.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

who would you take ?

Gradkowski, easy. He should of been the Raiders starter since he's been on the team. Best QB they got.

JaMarcus Russell!!!

Just kidding!!!!!!
Originally posted by loyal9er:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
I don't see how you could argue that Smith is any better, especially as a pure passer.

joke right funny cause last time I checked Smitty even how bad he's been is still a starting QB for the NFL last time I checked Ratt is backing up JP Losman for the Las Vegas Locomotives

This is all too funny as I watched a UFL game the other night and Rattay was the QB for LV. He was TERRIBLE, missing open receivers all over the field. As I watched the game I was wondering how long it would take for this topic to come up.

I'm a Rattay fan, and he did struggle...although it was his first start in over 5 years...and they don't have preseason games there.....either way, looking forward to seeing him play better this week. He still had some nice accurate passes off playaction.

and Rattay was the last QB we had since Steve Young, who threw an accurate deep pass.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I don't see how you could argue that Smith is any better, especially as a pure passer.

joke right funny cause last time I checked Smitty even how bad he's been is still a starting QB for the NFL last time I checked Ratt is backing up JP Losman for the Las Vegas Locomotives

This is all too funny as I watched a UFL game the other night and Rattay was the QB for LV. He was TERRIBLE, missing open receivers all over the field. As I watched the game I was wondering how long it would take for this topic to come up.

I'm a Rattay fan, and he did struggle...although it was his first start in over 5 years...and they don't have preseason games there.....either way, looking forward to seeing him play better this week. He still had some nice accurate passes off playaction.

and Rattay was the last QB we had since Steve Young, who threw an accurate deep pass.

Your argument is inValrod
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

now it is
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

I seriously hope you are joking about Jeff and the deep ball.....I really do hope ur joking. Sure he hit some, but any 9er fan can remember that before Alex, we had another QB who overthrew our receivers and as well as threw his deep passes out of bounce. Yes, Jeff Garcia.
Rattay couldn't start for a PAC 10 team right now.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If Rattay started on our current 49ers team, I don't think he would fare better than Alex Smith.

If Rattay started on our current 49ers roster that played in a WCO system, then I think we're a playoff team.

What the hell is your problem?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

who would you take ?

I kinda wonder how good he is, considering he's never had anyone decent to throw to as far as I know.
Who else misses this guy?

(new the the forum do not know how to embed video)

Tim Rattay Highlights The best is 1:37 to 1:44, yes I see 81, but I haven't seen A. Smith throw a ball like that.)

Career QB rating: 81.9
TD-INT ratio: 31-23

Am I the only one that thinks this team goes 10-6 with Gore, Davis, Crabs, Morgan, and Rattay instead of Smith?

He wasn't bad in the few games he played in the 03 season, Montana wouldn't have put up a QB rating over 90 with that o-line and Kevan Barlow running the ball in 04.

I realize almost anyone is better than Alex Smith at this point, but how well do you think the 9ers would have done with Rattay at the helm of this 2010 team?

This thread is important because it marks the start of our downfall. Our fall from grace. It started the long road down into the depths of mediocrity -- which ended in a 2-14 season.

We've been wandering through a purgatory-type darkness ever since -- trying to find that road back to respectability but never quite reaching the right path.

We've watch other teams ascend over this period of time. While we have wallowed in darkness and despair -- others have stepped forward.

Just wait until the Rams -- behind Sam Bradford -- make a similar jump. And based upon what I've seen out of Bradford -- the wait isn't going to be that long folks. That kid is the real deal.

No -- Rattay was never the answer. Smith isn't. We haven't had a decent QB since Garcia. The last true champion we had was Steve Young. And he followed the greatest to ever play the game.

We had a remarkable run of success. We were once known as Quarterback U.

Them were the days my friend. Them were the days...

Share 49ersWebzone