LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Alex Smith vs. Tim Rattay

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who else misses this guy?

(new the the forum do not know how to embed video)

Tim Rattay Highlights The best is 1:37 to 1:44, yes I see 81, but I haven't seen A. Smith throw a ball like that.)

Career QB rating: 81.9
TD-INT ratio: 31-23

Am I the only one that thinks this team goes 10-6 with Gore, Davis, Crabs, Morgan, and Rattay instead of Smith?

He wasn't bad in the few games he played in the 03 season, Montana wouldn't have put up a QB rating over 90 with that o-line and Kevan Barlow running the ball in 04.

I realize almost anyone is better than Alex Smith at this point, but how well do you think the 9ers would have done with Rattay at the helm of this 2010 team?

[ Edited by DrofThuganomics on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:08:28 ]
Nope.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Nope.
HELL to tha NO!!!

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever think positively of Rattay a.k.a Mr. Fourth Quarter Meltdown Extraordinaire.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Nope.
this definitely belongs in the "nooob thread of the day" lol
I don't see how you could argue that Smith is any better, especially as a pure passer.
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
I don't see how you could argue that Smith is any better, especially as a pure passer.

And here it goes again... Might as well start a "Alex Smith VS Tim Rattay thread" while you're at it.
all i can say he is better than Alex !

• titan
  • Veteran
I remember him having a couple of good games and then sucking! kinda like a JTO and Shaun hill. They were like a flavor of the week and you get sick of them. We need more of a permanent solution and that solution is still in college and hopefully not in highschool. Mallet,Luck,Locker I really don't care which of them we get! but we need to give them a chance just like we gave Smith's his.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

And here it goes again... Might as well start a "Alex Smith VS Tim Rattay thread" while you're at it.

Your wish is my command.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

joke right funny cause last time I checked Smitty even how bad he's been is still a starting QB for the NFL last time I checked Ratt is backing up JP Losman for the Las Vegas Locomotives
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Your wish is my command.

Can we just all agree that you can compare Alex Smith to just about any backup QB or a crappy starting QB?

We can also compare one of Alex Smith's escape, throw, or partial season to some of the worst seasons REAL NFL starting QBs have and say Alex is more mobile, accurate and better QB.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

joke right funny cause last time I checked Smitty even how bad he's been is still a starting QB for the NFL last time I checked Ratt is backing up JP Losman for the Las Vegas Locomotives

This is all too funny as I watched a UFL game the other night and Rattay was the QB for LV. He was TERRIBLE, missing open receivers all over the field. As I watched the game I was wondering how long it would take for this topic to come up.
Share 49ersWebzone