There are 167 users in the forums

Alex Smith Vs. Shaun Hill. . .

Shop 49ers game tickets
to everyone saying that hill's surrounding cast did all the work for him.....are you implying they lions players are better then ours because smith on that team would have gone no where.
I like Shaun Hill, but this is absurd. He hit his ceiling. He was not the future at QB. To say he wasn't given a fair chance is dumb. He was our starter at the beginning of last year, and he was pulled--lest you forget--for being completely ineffective. Smith came in and was effective.

Is Smith the future at QB? This is the year we finally get an answer. Unwad your panties and lets see what happens, will you?
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith. How is that even arguable? He has better numbers, a better winning %, better intangibles...you could go on and on.

I don't think people realize that Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in the NFL (at the moment).

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.

I will argue that Alex Smith is better than Shaun Hill. I don't even think Smith is that great either. Shaun Hill is a mirage.

You just proved my point.

I would argue it too and since it was stated clearly I'll use this quote...

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jahvid Best...dump offs...broke tackles...inflation...noodle arm...

And also point out that Hill only averages 1 TD a game wearing the Red and Gold. Smith was averaging damn near 3 a game last season.

Also for the obtuse arguing Hill's case... Smith gave up 1 TD due to a mistake by Tree. But I guess that doesn't matter. Nor that our Defense needed life Support by the 3rd Quarter. We had ZERO Pass Rush and Hasselback caught our opportunists for 21 points.

Stop bashing Smith or just stop being a fan. At this time I could give a flying f@ck which. If he tanks this season then he's gone. If not then I didn't have to see the crap being heaped on the guy. You guys doing this crap know who you are. So much for you guys giving the man this season to put up or shut up. No honor amongst the Whiners on the Zone.

F@CK Pie Throwing Hill, he sucked when he played for us.He didn't do anything but manage games and our Defense did most of the work. His record with this team is as inflated as pair or Saline filled tits.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 19, 2010 at 19:00:33 ]
Originally posted by jrg:
omg

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith. How is that even arguable? He has better numbers, a better winning %, better intangibles...you could go on and on.

I don't think people realize that Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in the NFL (at the moment).

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.

I will argue that Alex Smith is better than Shaun Hill. I don't even think Smith is that great either. Shaun Hill is a mirage.

And also point out that Hill only averages 1 TD a game wearing the Red and Gold. Smith was averaging damn near 3 a game last season.

Also for the obtuse arguing Hill's case... Smith gave up 1 TD due to a mistake by Tree. But I guess that doesn't matter. Nor that our Defense needed life Support by the 3rd Quarter. We had ZERO Pass Rush and Hasselback caught our opportunists for 21 points.

Stop bashing Smith or just stop being a fan. At this time I could give a flying f@ck which. If he tanks this season then he's gone. If not then I didn't have to see the crap being heaped on the guy. You guys doing this crap know who you are. So much for you guys giving the man this season to put up or shut up. No honor amongst the Whiners on the Zone.

F@CK Pie Throwing Hill, he sucked when he played for us.

~Ceadder

I agree, Hill was not the answer for our team, but you gotta understand Alex is not the answer either. He's the starting qb, good, lets just hope we can win tomorrow, but we saw what the robot can do, Hill and Smith both suk....
this hasn't been locked yet
Shut the f**k up.

~Ceadder

Yeah I guess that is my main problem with what has been going on here the last week. People were all saying that they would just let the season play out (realizing that there are ups and downs in even the best seasons- remember '94?) but one poor game, and all these people come out of the woodwork. It is pitiful actually, and shows little class, and less football knowledge.

Also. Jones49 how did I prove your point? You said that anyone who thinks Smith is better than Hill is a complete idiot. I will debate it right now point by point if you would like? Oh, I see, I proved your point because if somebody disagrees with your obviously expert opinion they must be crazy right? Do you work in an NFL front office?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hill is way better then Alice.
Originally posted by fly15:

~Ceadder

I agree, Hill was not the answer for our team, but you gotta understand Alex is not the answer either. He's the starting qb, good, lets just hope we can win tomorrow, but we saw what the robot can do, Hill and Smith both suk....

This is the most that I have ever agreed with one of your posts. I would say I agree about 75%. I may agree more in a few weeks.

Why? What's the point? It's ever. Come up with something new..
Originally posted by eastie:
Why? What's the point? It's ever. Come up with something new..

That would require functioning brain cells.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
to everyone saying that hill's surrounding cast did all the work for him.....are you implying they lions players are better then ours because smith on that team would have gone no where.

LOL!! A team that won a whole 0, donut holes and coffee, nada, zip, games 2 years ago. If someone is saying that we are in some REAL TROUBLE!! Lol When we go 0-4 (which we will. Saints nuff said, Chiefs 50-50 but they playing with alot of confidence, and the Falcons who smashed us last year and put a BEATING on the Cards today) I bet people on here will be calling for the ENTIRE STAFF to be fired.

Oh and to all the people who think I am a hater. No I am NOT a hater. I know that the ONLY way we will get a clean slate and start fresh is to get rid of alot of people who are holding us back and how do we do that? Lose to a mediocre team by 3 TDS (SEA) and start a season 0-4. THEN and only THEN will we do what we should have done after Nolan and what ALOT of people do not want to admit. . . . REBUILD, not everything just some things.
They both suck and each would return dissapointing results. A little less crappy than someone else is still crappy......
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

~Ceadder

This is the most that I have ever agreed with one of your posts. I would say I agree about 75%. I may agree more in a few weeks.

how did u come up with 75%??
Share 49ersWebzone