There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmy Raye Thread

Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
next year. New OC, new QB. That's all this team is missing!

I think Sing's gotta go too. We need a HC that is an X's and O's guy. It takes more than fundamentals and motivation in the league these days. You need to be creative and out-scheme you opponent. I don't think Sing and Raye are up to the task. The more I think about it, the more I want Gruden. He would bring back the WCO and a little bit of a tie to the glory years.

I completely agree. This motivating crap is garbage. We need an offensive minded head coach. If I'm Jed, I'm callin Gruden and askin him to sit tight.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by redrathman:

I'm in tears

too bad some of the youngins here don't get this....

LMAO such a great movie. And I was only born in 1990.

OMFG!!!!!
Originally posted by WestCoast:

I think Sing's gotta go too. We need a HC that is an X's and O's guy. It takes more than fundamentals and motivation in the league these days. You need to be creative and out-scheme you opponent. I don't think Sing and Raye are up to the task. The more I think about it, the more I want Gruden. He would bring back the WCO and a little bit of a tie to the glory years.

I completely agree. This motivating crap is garbage. We need an offensive minded head coach. If I'm Jed, I'm callin Gruden and askin him to sit tight.

He gets out schemed and out coached in every game. And we take 3 timeouts every half just because we can't get the plays. Make no mistake this is not a well coached team.

He gets out schemed and out coached in every game. And we take 3 timeouts every half just because we can't get the plays. Make no mistake this is not a well coached team.

exactly

keep your eyes open
If there is ANY shred of truth to this story, and assuming this was an issue last season as witnessed by poor clock managment, then Singltary should be effin canned right along with Raye.

Sing is responsible for his coaching staff, and needs to quit his affirmative action bull****. This is the NFL not the NAACP. I don't apreciate Sing handicapping this team cause he's trying to give some of "his people" a job.
Originally posted by WINiner:
If there is ANY shred of truth to this story, and assuming this was an issue last season as witnessed by poor clock managment, then Singltary should be effin canned right along with Raye.

Sing is responsible for his coaching staff, and needs to quit his affirmative action bull****. This is the NFL not the NAACP. I don't apreciate Sing handicapping this team cause he's trying to give some of "his people" a job.

Naw..He started Alex Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moreover, this organization has recently had two prior coaches who couldn't coach there way out of a wet paper bag and you were not talkin that afirmative action s**t then. I'm not a Sing fan; but he has done way better then those afrimative action scrubs who can get a job no matter how bad they perform.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Sep 14, 2010 at 21:21:08 ]
I too have concerns about Alex. But he has played much better at times, good enough for the team to win. If you have a QB with limitations, you do not make things more difficult for him. You need to allow him to focus. He needs to devote his entire attention on getting to the line of scrimmage with plenty of time, to size up the defense. But when he is frustrated and angry because the plays (many of them bulls**t) are sent in late, it forces him to rush everything, and it introduces an element of desperation into the situation. When he also has little confidence in our so-called premier WR, is it any surprise that he might regress to those days when he was too indecisive?

QB is by far the most difficult position to play in the NFL. That is why there are so few good ones. As for the others, you need to make conditions optimum for them to operate at a high level. While Nolan mishandled Alex, it appears that this current regime is also squandering their chance to get the best out of Alex. Okay, demand a SB quality QB. I'll let you smart guys work on that. In the meantime, this coaching staff needs to straighten some things up.

wow where the f**k does this come from?

I guess you forgot his first choice for OC was Linehan who declined, I think he also offered another white guy the job but I don't remember if he declined or he just interviewed him
Originally posted by redrathman:

Awesome!
Some of us have been slamming Raye from the first game. Just check is history, Raye is garbage. He did alright in KC, but that was 2 years out of what.....? 30 plus f**king years in the NFL. He wasn't an OC all those years, but he's been around long enough to know how an NFL offense works. I was never expecting anything special from this offense with Raye in charge.

But now we hear this s**t! The offensive cordinator for the San Francisco 49ers CANT EVEN CALL A f**kING PLAY IN TO THE OFFENSE PROPERLY!??!

Lets think about that for a second. We are talking about the once great offensive juggernaunt SAN FRANCISCO FORTY-NINERS. Bill Wash would be disgusted to see what has happened to this once proud franchise. This is easily a new low since I've followed the team (1992). Our offensive cordinator can't even read his own playbook! That just amazes me! When Alex called out the coaches for the late calls, maybe it was his way of crying for help??? The players must be frustrated with this and it sounds like it's getting to a boiling point.
If the next game doesn't go smoothly we could see some player vs coach or player vs player yelling matches on the sideline, on NATIONAL TV no less.

How does this problem get fixed? It must get fixed. I don't think bringing Raye to the sideline is the answer. I like the idea of Alex wearing a wirst band with the plays on them. That seems like the best answer, you would call play # 14 instead of calling "X call hustle two I-right slot two man 60 counter easy" (NO, I don't know play calls or pretend to know, I got that from Bee-Rows site).

Or maybe it's time for a change. It's horrible timing, but things obviously haven't changed from last season. Raye is still trying to run against 8 and 9 man fronts and using nothing but the short passing game to try and keep the D honest. Only when the team is down by 20 will he call more of an open offense. By then it's too late. That is the EXACT SAME offense from last season when Shaun Hill was the QB. New O-line or not, that "scheme" will never work in the NFL. You cannot run the ball when the defense knows it's coming and expect to win games.

Sing can do several different things here. This is the GB game all over again, only worse and way earlier in the season. After the GB game, several players from the offense approached Sing and stated their case for a change in the offense. I know VD played a large role in that telling Sing something like "This is who we are coach", referring to a more wide open passing game. A modified "spread" if you will.
He is running the risk of his players turning on him. Sing can do 2 things here.
Option 1, Do nothing.
Sing could keep with his mantra "only 3 things happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are bad". Keep running the ball against 8-9 man fronts and use the short passing game in an attempt for a "balance offense". He could stick with his man Raye and watch the team finish 7-9 and completely lose the locker room.

Option 2, accept that a change is needed and make it.
Either a change at OC (fire Raye), or change who calls the plays (without the OC title, Raye remains OC but doesn't call plays), or change where the plays come from (move to sideline), or change the scheme (hello spread attack). Or maybe a combo of them. Something must change, fans need to demand it.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Lets play CONNECT THE DOTS WITH JIMMY RAYE

San Francisco 49ers at 14:51 SFO SEA
(scripted#1)1st and 10 at SEA 29 F.Gore up the middle to SEA 25 for 4 yards (C.Cole).
(scripted#2)2nd and 6 at SEA 25 A.Smith pass short left to Del.Walker pushed ob at SEA 18 for 7 yards (K.Jennings).
(REDZONE = off script....WAKE UP JIMMY RAYE) Timeout #1 by SF at 13:39.
1st and 10 at SEA 18 F.Gore up the middle to SEA 15 for 3 yards (R.Bryant).
2nd and 2 at SEA 10 A.Smith pass short left to M.Norris to SEA 8 for 2 yards (L.Milloy).
1st and 8 at SEA 8 A.Smith pass short right to J.Morgan for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Seattle challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. A.Smith pass incomplete short right to J.Morgan.
2nd and 8 at SEA 8 F.Gore left guard to SEA 6 for 2 yards (C.Cole).
3rd and 6 at SEA 6 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to F.Gore to SEA 5 for 1 yard (K.Jennings).
4th and 5 at SEA 5 J.Nedney 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Jennings, Holder-A.Lee. 3 0
J.Nedney kicks 64 yards from SF 30 to SEA 6. L.Washington to SEA 47 for 41 yards (J.Nedney).
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 3, SEA 0, 8 plays, 32 yards, 4:35 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 8:11 SFO SEA
(scripted#3)1st and 10 at SF 10 F.Gore right tackle to SF 13 for 3 yards (C.Cole, D.Hawthorne).
(scripted#4)2nd and 7 at SF 13 A.Smith pass short right to V.Davis to SF 21 for 8 yards (L.Milloy).
(scripted#5)1st and 10 at SF 21 A.Smith pass short left to J.Morgan to SF 29 for 8 yards (E.Thomas).
(scripted#6)2nd and 2 at SF 29 F.Gore right tackle to SF 30 for 1 yard (A.Curry).
3rd and 1 at SF 30 A.Smith pass short left to Del.Walker to SF 44 for 14 yards (E.Thomas).
(scripted#7)1st and 10 at SF 44 A.Smith pass short middle to V.Davis to SEA 47 for 9 yards (L.Tatupu).
(scripted#8)2nd and 1 at SEA 47 F.Gore up the middle to SEA 44 for 3 yards (D.Davis, B.Mebane).
(scripted#9)1st and 10 at SEA 44 A.Smith pass short right to F.Gore to SEA 35 for 9 yards (L.Tatupu; D.Hawthorne).
(scripted#10)2nd and 1 at SEA 35 F.Gore left tackle to SEA 29 for 6 yards (C.Cole).
(scripted#11)1st and 10 at SEA 29 F.Gore right end to SEA 33 for -4 yards (E.Thomas).
(scripted#12)2nd and 19 at SEA 38 A.Smith pass short left to F.Gore pushed ob at SEA 15 for 23 yards (K.Jennings).
End of Period
2nd Quarter Play by Play
1st and 10 at SEA 15 A.Smith pass incomplete short left to M.Crabtree (K.Jennings).
2nd and 10 at SEA 15 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to F.Gore pushed ob at SEA 6 for 9 yards (A.Curry).
3rd and 1 at SEA 6 F.Gore left tackle to SEA 6 for no gain (R.Bryant, E.Thomas).
Timeout #2 by SF at 13:41.
4th and 1 at SEA 6 A.Smith pass incomplete short left to M.Norris.
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 3, SEA 0, 15 plays, 89 yards, 9:35 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 12:11 SFO SEA
(scripted#13)1st and 10 at SEA 37 A.Smith sacked at SEA 44 for -7 yards (R.Bryant). FUMBLES (R.Bryant) [R.Bryant], recovered by SF-A.Davis at SEA 41. A.Davis to SEA 41 for no gain (L.Tatupu).
(scripted#14)2nd and 14 at SEA 41 F.Gore up the middle to SEA 38 for 3 yards (J.Siavii).
3rd and 6 at SEA 33 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to V.Davis to SEA 28 for 5 yards (J.Babineaux, L.Tatupu).
Timeout #3 by SF at 09:26.
4th and 1 at SEA 28 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to M.Crabtree pushed ob at SEA 19 for 9 yards (J.Babineaux).
1st and 10 at SEA 19 Del.Walker right end pushed ob at SEA 9 for 10 yards (D.Hawthorne). Official measurement.
1st and 9 at SEA 9 A.Smith pass short right to Del.Walker to SEA 3 for 6 yards (L.Tatupu).
2nd and 3 at SEA 3 F.Gore left guard to SEA 2 for 1 yard (E.Thomas, C.Clemons).
3rd and 2 at SEA 2 M.Norris up the middle to SEA 1 for 1 yard (L.Tatupu; C.Clemons).
4th and 6 at SEA 6 J.Nedney 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Jennings, Holder-A.Lee. 6 0
J.Nedney kicks 56 yards from SF 30 to SEA 14. L.Washington to SEA 31 for 17 yards (P.Adams, R.Jean Francois). PENALTY on SF, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at SEA 31.
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 0, 9 plays, 34 yards, 5:48 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 2:26 SFO SEA
(scripted#15)1st and 10 at SF 20 (Shotgun) F.Gore right guard to SF 27 for 7 yards (L.Milloy). PENALTY on SF-J.Morgan, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 20 - No Play.

15 scripted plays done

1st and 20 at SF 10 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to M.Crabtree to SF 13 for 3 yards (M.Trufant) [A.Curry].
Timeout #1 by SEA at 01:53.
2nd and 17 at SF 13 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to V.Davis to SF 25 for 12 yards (L.Tatupu, J.Babineaux) [C.Clemons].
Timeout #2 by SEA at 01:45.
3rd and 5 at SF 25 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle intended for M.Crabtree INTERCEPTED by J.Babineaux at SF 33. J.Babineaux to SF 13 for 20 yards (A.Davis).
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 7, 2 plays, 25 yards, 0:53 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 1:27 SFO SEA
1st and 10 at SF 10 (Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to SF 11 for 1 yard (A.Curry).
2nd and 9 at SF 11 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to V.Davis [C.Clemons].
3rd and 9 at SF 11 (Shotgun) F.Gore right guard to SF 14 for 3 yards (J.Babineaux).
Timeout #3 by SEA at 00:26.
4th and 6 at SF 14 A.Lee punts 47 yards to SEA 39, Center-B.Jennings. J.Forsett to SEA 44 for 5 yards (N.Bowman).
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 14, 3 plays, 4 yards, 1:01 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 15:00 SFO SEA
O.Mare kicks 70 yards from SEA 30 to end zone, Touchback.
1st and 10 at SF 20 A.Smith pass incomplete short right to M.Crabtree.
2nd and 10 at SF 20 F.Gore up the middle to SF 22 for 2 yards (B.Mebane).
3rd and 8 at SF 22 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right intended for M.Crabtree INTERCEPTED by M.Trufant at SF 32. M.Trufant for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 6 20
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 20, 2 plays, 34 yards, 1:01 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 13:59 SFO SEA
O.Mare extra point is GOOD, Center-C.Gresham, Holder-J.Ryan. 6 21
O.Mare kicks 59 yards from SEA 30 to SF 11. T.Ginn to SF 23 for 12 yards (M.McCoy).
1st and 10 at SF 23 A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to M.Crabtree [A.Curry].
2nd and 10 at SF 23 A.Smith pass incomplete short left to Del.Walker (D.Hawthorne) [J.Siavii].
3rd and 10 at SF 23 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short left [C.Clemons]. PENALTY on SF-A.Smith, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 23.
4th and 20 at SF 13 A.Lee punts 47 yards to SEA 40, Center-B.Jennings. J.Forsett to SEA 40 for no gain (T.Brown).
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 21, 3 plays, -10 yards, 0:24 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 10:30 SFO SEA
1st and 10 at SF 29 A.Smith pass short right to V.Davis ran ob at SF 45 for 16 yards.
1st and 10 at SF 45 F.Gore left tackle to SEA 45 for 10 yards (L.Milloy, E.Thomas).
1st and 10 at SEA 45 A.Smith pass short right to N.Byham pushed ob at SEA 40 for 5 yards (W.Herring).
2nd and 5 at SEA 40 A.Smith pass incomplete deep right.
3rd and 5 at SEA 40 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to T.Ginn (M.Trufant).
4th and 5 at SEA 40 A.Lee punts 40 yards to end zone, Center-B.Jennings, Touchback.
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 28, 5 plays, 31 yards, 1:56 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 7:02 SFO SEA
1st and 10 at SF 40 A.Smith pass short right to V.Davis to SF 49 for 9 yards (C.Clemons) [R.Bryant].
2nd and 1 at SF 49 F.Gore left guard to SF 47 for -2 yards (J.Siavii).
3rd and 3 at SF 47 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short left to F.Gore.
4th and 3 at SF 47 A.Lee punts 46 yards to SEA 7, Center-B.Jennings. J.Forsett pushed ob at SEA 19 for 12 yards (D.Goldson).
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 28, 3 plays, 7 yards, 1:42 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 14:11 SFO SEA
1st and 10 at SF 20 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to J.Morgan pushed ob at SF 27 for 7 yards (M.Trufant).
2nd and 3 at SF 27 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass deep middle to T.Ginn to SF 46 for 19 yards (K.Jennings) [R.Bryant]. SF-T.Ginn was injured during the play. He is Out.
1st and 10 at SF 46 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to D.Zeigler to SEA 44 for 10 yards (K.Jennings).
1st and 10 at SEA 44 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep middle to V.Davis (L.Milloy).
2nd and 10 at SEA 44 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to V.Davis to SEA 43 for 1 yard (J.Babineaux).
3rd and 9 at SEA 43 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short left to D.Zeigler.
4th and 9 at SEA 43 A.Lee punts 30 yards to SEA 13, Center-B.Jennings, downed by SF-B.Jennings.
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 28, 6 plays, 37 yards, 2:05 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 9:41 SFO SEA
1st and 10 at SF 33 (Shotgun) F.Gore right guard to SF 35 for 2 yards (R.Brock).
2nd and 8 at SF 35 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to M.Crabtree [C.Clemons].
3rd and 8 at SF 35 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to V.Davis.
4th and 8 at SF 35 A.Lee punts 39 yards to SEA 26, Center-B.Jennings, out of bounds.
DRIVE TOTALS: SF 6, SEA 28, 3 plays, 2 yards, 0:36 elapsed

San Francisco 49ers at 2:24 SFO SEA
1st and 10 at SF 16 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to F.Gore to SF 14 for -2 yards (J.Babineaux).
2nd and 12 at SF 14 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short middle to V.Davis.
3rd and 12 at SF 14 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to F.Gore to SF 19 for 5 yards (R.Brock).
Timeout #1 by SEA at 01:07.
4th and 7 at SF 19 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass deep middle to J.Morgan to SF 36 for 17 yards (M.Trufant).
1st and 10 at SF 36 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to J.Morgan (M.Trufant).
2nd and 10 at SF 36 (Shotgun) A.Smith sacked at SF 29 for -7 yards (D.Davis).
3rd and 17 at SF 29 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to V.Davis to SF 42 for 13 yards (L.Tatupu, J.Babineaux).
End of Game

Why did we look so good in pre-season? We didn't script everything did we? We can try and script an entire game. Not like we make adjustments anyways

The interesing stat here?

16 out of 17 Gore runs were between the tackles. The one outside lost 4 yards!

That's why we can't run - AND why we can't pass!!!

[ Edited by bret on Sep 14, 2010 at 21:24:39 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:

I guess you forgot his first choice for OC was Linehan who declined, I think he also offered another white guy the job but I don't remember if he declined or he just interviewed him

AHHH but that wasn't the ONLY hire for Oline was it?

No there was no other offer, Solari was Sings 1st choice.

So you are telling me there were NO better candiates than his nephew, Raye, Johnson, or Brown? Palease.....

I could care less if we have black white green or red coaches, but I want them hired cause they are the best person for the job, and IMO Sing hires far too many black candidates when there are FAR superior options available.

IMO it stinks and I don't like it
Bravo for Alex calling out his coaching staff. Let's face it, if the offense goes to s**t, Alex will get blamed no matter what. Why should the guy stand by and take it from everyone over and over again? The offense was all out of sorts and if you don't think this crap is an excuse for Alex's play, you're a moron.

Imagine being the QB, waiting for a play call and it's all "garbled" and inaccurate because it was drawn from "memory". How are you suppose to make the appropriate calls at the line? How are you suppose to call the blocking scheme on the fly?

Put Manning or Brady in this situation and you'll get the exact same result

exactly

keep your eyes open

If we're underperforming why not try Mike Johnson as HC? I want the WCO back and I'd love to have Gruden here but Johnson IS an offensive mind and IS a QB guru. Freaking keep Manusky as DC and we probably get better. Mike J should start calling the offense NOW but I'm worried if he does well some other team will hire him away as HC. Which is why we got Raye in the first place, because we knew nobody else would offer him a HC job, because he was a mediocre coordinator and an old guy.

AHHH but that wasn't the ONLY hire for Oline was it?

No there was no other offer, Solari was Sings 1st choice.

So you are telling me there were NO better candiates than his nephew, Raye, Johnson, or Brown? Palease.....

I could care less if we have black white green or red coaches, but I want them hired cause they are the best person for the job, and IMO Sing hires far too many black candidates when there are FAR superior options available.

IMO it stinks and I don't like it

If that's how you choose to see it, go ahead.