There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmy Raye Thread

Sing is going to lose his job because of Raye. Sucks because we could of had Linehan (his first choice).
Originally posted by teeohh:
Sing is going to lose his job because of Raye. Sucks because we could of had Linehan (his first choice).

Yup
We are f**ked.
Originally posted by susweel:
We are f**ked.

Yup
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
That is what I was thinking, Raye at his age (64) just cannot keep up with the pace of the game and just cannot do the job.

This is really, really, bad!

If these problems persist on Monday he should just give the play calling duties to Johnson.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by redrathman:

I'm in tears

too bad some of the youngins here don't get this....

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 14, 2010 at 18:32:43 ]
His playbook is only 4 plays anyway, how f*cking hard is it to remember 4 god damn plays? Pathetic thing is bums like him couldn't even get a job as janitors with this franchise back in the 80's and 90's. It just ticks me off seeing all these other teams with Peyton and Mccarthy calling the plays. We on the other hand got comatose black Uncle Fester.
Originally posted by fryet:
I didn't see a thread specifically for this, so starting a thread here. The webzone just posted an article about this that I found very informative. It appears the issue is Raye, but he was depending on someone else last year to resolve the issue for him:

Quote:
According to multiple sources familiar with the circumstances, the real problem has been more than a year in the making and became more significant following changes the 49ers made within the coaching staff this offseason.

In Singletary’s first full season last year, offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, one of the more respected veteran coaches in the league, was calling plays from the coach’s box upstairs. Raye would call plays down to offensive assistant Jason Michael, who would then send the play into the quarterback. That system worked effectively even at times when Raye struggled to find exactly the right play or say it exactly the right way.

“It seems like Jimmy calls plays from memory a lot of the time and not exactly the way it’s written down,” said one of the aforementioned sources, adding that the plays often get garbled. “He knows the plays and he knows the right thing to call, but he’s fumbling through his papers and it’s like, ‘Hey, we need to get a play called.’ ”

Michael, who worked closely with Raye, was good at filling the gaps in communication. However, one of the problems created by the Raye-Michael relationship was that it began to alienate quarterback coach Mike Johnson(notes), whose involvement in building the game plan had diminished. In addition, some players began to resent Raye’s tendency to blame them if things went wrong.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap091410

laminated play chart based on down and distance = championship

get it done Niners!
Originally posted by redrathman:

We are f**ked.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We are f**ked.

Seriously, something has to be done about this 4 weeks ago.

This is really bad.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Holy crap....I don't even know what to say about this....

Add about 200 more of him and that was NT the other night.
Originally posted by MILFS:
WTF! this is pissing me off. what kind of a schmuck coach doesn't even have one of these?

even my f**king pee wee football coach had one of these. he even had it f**king laminated!

Too bad Sing doesn't know s**t about offense
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We are f**ked.

when Hitler says it I guess its true, watch @ 1:09

[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 14, 2010 at 18:56:14 ]