There are 187 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Sing is too stubborn to fire Raye. To be honest I'd rather they both be fired in a package deal instead of keeping one.

Sing is just clueless when it comes to offense. He's way out of his league, it's so obvious.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Sing is too stubborn to fire Raye. To be honest I'd rather they both be fired in a package deal instead of keeping one.

Sing is just clueless when it comes to offense. He's way out of his league, it's so obvious.

Jed is going to have to step in and ask Singletary to make changes to his coaching staff. It might not lead to wins, but it'll at least appease the fans.
Originally posted by Hopper:

not just offense... he's clueless about coaching in general.
JimmyRaye

1. Sing just handed out baseball size jawbreakers to the team, he said "whoever finishes first is the tuffest man on the team, reddy set go" 1 minute ago via web

NateDavis7 @JimmyRaye I'll be in all week learnin the playbook just like sing wants so that i can perform to the level of alex smith and David carr about 3 hours ago via web in reply to JimmyRaye Retweeted by JimmyRaye

http://twitter.com/jimmyraye

lmao
NateDavis7 @JimmyRaye creative gameplan 2day coach, the flea flicker tricked 8 of the 11 guys on the D. that's like 50%.

Do you guys think sing will replace smith with carr?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by susweel:
I don't blame Jimmy Raye, he is who he always was.

I blame the man who hired him.

This I don't even know why we let Martz go. Look what his doing in Chicago. Martz even promises to run more just to fit in to singletarys style but no Sing fired him and have to hired this old senile.

I miss Martz. I remember he had JHill and Morgan tearing it up over the 2nd half of the season. He could make a good offense out of 3 or 4 2nd/3rd recievers.

I was mad when Sing fired Martz. Martz did adjust towards the end of 2008 to fit in with Sing and he could actually get our wide receivers open. At least we had an offense that looked decent on the field.
  • B650
  • Veteran
F*ck Jimmy Raye. What kind of idiotic OC starts changing how he calls the plays due to some article on Yahoo!?! Really? Imagine Mike Shanahan calling Denver radio stations asking fans for advice...the guy needs to go and the one who hired him should be on thin ice.
Jimmy Raye blows big time. But it starts with Sing. They are on the same team, and they will go down together. God, Gruden or Mooch or someone with any kind of offensive mindset would be awesome.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by susweel:
I don't blame Jimmy Raye, he is who he always was.

I blame the man who hired him.

This I don't even know why we let Martz go. Look what his doing in Chicago. Martz even promises to run more just to fit in to singletarys style but no Sing fired him and have to hired this old senile.

I miss Martz. I remember he had JHill and Morgan tearing it up over the 2nd half of the season. He could make a good offense out of 3 or 4 2nd/3rd recievers.

I was mad when Sing fired Martz. Martz did adjust towards the end of 2008 to fit in with Sing and he could actually get our wide receivers open. At least we had an offense that looked decent on the field.

Yup and it's cuz he used a bunch of different route combinations that got guys open. IIRC he would use a lot of rub routes and stuff, and stuff downfield to uncover the shorter routes. I don't see why we can't do that now. THis coaching staff is a joke.

This mofo needs to go!
Did anyone else hear the Jimmy Raye interview on Sirius yesterday? I was surprised at how articulate the guy was, and thoughtful. Now, I know that coordinators have practiced coach speak for a long time, and he was only asked to comment on general issues. But his comments about Alex Smith seemed spot on -- that he needs a coaching staff that recognizes he is a "thinking" quarterback, that needs to be brought along in a system in a specific way that builds his confidence so he can then "let if fly." (NOT MAKING AN EXCUSE) -- But Raye's point was he hasn't had that and won't succeed until he does.

NOW, my main point is that from what I heard of Raye, it surprises me that he was so inept at calling plays -- yes, maybe age had something to do with it. But combined with age, it made me suspect there was something else going on. I suspect that as an offensive drive started, Raye had a first instinct to call a certain play, but then he had to hesitate and think "Which play does the head coach want me to call."

In other words, I suspect that the offensive problems of the Singletary years had far more to do with Singletary, than the OCs.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Did anyone else hear the Jimmy Raye interview on Sirius yesterday? I was surprised at how articulate the guy was, and thoughtful. Now, I know that coordinators have practiced coach speak for a long time, and he was only asked to comment on general issues. But his comments about Alex Smith seemed spot on -- that he needs a coaching staff that recognizes he is a "thinking" quarterback, that needs to be brought along in a system in a specific way that builds his confidence so he can then "let if fly." (NOT MAKING AN EXCUSE) -- But Raye's point was he hasn't had that and won't succeed until he does.

NOW, my main point is that from what I heard of Raye, it surprises me that he was so inept at calling plays -- yes, maybe age had something to do with it. But combined with age, it made me suspect there was something else going on. I suspect that as an offensive drive started, Raye had a first instinct to call a certain play, but then he had to hesitate and think "Which play does the head coach want me to call."

In other words, I suspect that the offensive problems of the Singletary years had far more to do with Singletary, than the OCs.

every1 said that about smith his college coach said that

the sad thing is that we didnt provide it for him
Originally posted by HearstFan:

That would hold true except Raye has a strong history of failure as an OC:

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
That would hold true except Raye has a strong history of failure as an OC:

Share 49ersWebzone