There are 158 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
FREE ALEX SMITH!?!?!
Originally posted by verb1der:
If we all can come together and bring this issue to MM and MB, they will plant the seed in Sing's head, and sometimes that's all it takes to make things happen!! hahaha

SERIOUSLY, WE GOTTA DO IT! - We gotta get to the truth of this matter asap! Our season is at stake!
Originally posted by redrathman:

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Garbling the play or fumbling through papers to get a play fast enough is just unacceptable. We can't even get the plays in time. I don't see any other team in the league doing this. That's like snapping the ball from center. It should just be taken for granted. Not a struggle. This coaching staff is a joke. The don't belong coaching high school.

since when do you believe unnamed sources?

Do you seriously believe it takes an un-named source to even assume this anymore?

assume all you want. although it is likely the case, it's still pure speculation.
totally believable. Especially after watching Raye speak to the media. Dude can barely talk. probably slow as hell with everything he does.
If we all can come together and bring this issue to MM and MB, they will plant the seed in Sing's head, and sometimes that's all it takes to make things happen!! hahaha

SERIOUSLY, WE GOTTA DO IT! - We gotta get to the truth of this matter asap! Our season is at stake!

I mean, all this Raye vs Mike Johnson talk, I feel are all valid...and if the fans speak, MM and MB listen, and they relay all of it to Singletary.

I honestly think the Webzone fired Nolan! LMAO
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
why not start scripting our plays again?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Nominated for post of the year!

I mean, all this Raye vs Mike Johnson talk, I feel are all valid...and if the fans speak, MM and MB listen, and they relay all of it to Singletary.

Yeah seriously, all the insider gossip which game from our sources went to the Matts, and they exposed the raw sledge to ownership!

Yeah seriously, all the insider gossip which game from our sources went to the Matts, and they exposed the raw sledge to ownership!

This is Bulls**t

People don't understand this is a HUGE problem.

Regardless what quarterback we got under center, if a play is called late it will SEVERELY limit our offense in 3 ways:

1. Less motion from our receivers (QB can see how the defense is reacting)

2. Less time for our QB to analyze the defense (pre snap)

3. Offensive Rhythm and Timing

I don't care who we got at QB, this needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
not gonna get my panties in a bunch until either matt or matt can confirm this.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap091410

Wow so if this is true, it has several implications:

1. There is already a negative sentiment growing amongst the players for Jimmy Raye. If this continues to grow and comes to a head, Singletary's only logical choice would be to can Raye.

2. Raye calls plays from memory, often messing up the calls, meaning that the guy on the other end has to be able to decipher his unintelligible gibberish to get the correct call. How is this acceptable coaching ettiqute in the NFL? You would think that a coach would have a prepared sheet of plays that are specfically designed for the gameplan, and then he would have the other plays in an easily accessible location or something. What is this shuffling through papers business? That makes it sound like hes 8 years old and trying to find his math homework...
Share 49ersWebzone