There are 295 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmy Raye Thread

Every single one of us needs to email MM and MB and tell them that we think Raye calling the plays is the problem. If those two write big articles about Raye calling plays wrong, thus giving Alex no chance to shift protections and call audibles, i GUARANTEE Sing will fix this situation immediately.

Remember, we like Singletary cuz he don't take no BS excuses. I'm damn sure he's gonna have this fixed by the time we enter KC. If Raye screws up even once this week against NO, he will not be calling plays. Sing knows there's no room for B-league crap like that.
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Every single one of us needs to email MM and MB and tell them that we think Raye calling the plays is the problem. If those two write big articles about Raye calling plays wrong, thus giving Alex no chance to shift protections and call audibles, i GUARANTEE Sing will fix this situation immediately.

Remember, we like Singletary cuz he don't take no BS excuses. I'm damn sure he's gonna have this fixed by the time we enter KC. If Raye screws up even once this week against NO, he will not be calling plays. Sing knows there's no room for B-league crap like that.

Sing won't fire Raye. Therefore you are incorrect.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Wow. This is pretty troubling to say the least.

That said, it still doesn't excuse good ol' fashion execution by Alex and co.

It's not an excuse but if you watched Philip Rivers implode last night when plays did not get in on time, then you begin to understand that even one of the elite QBs in the league has problems with these situations. As players were not lining up in the correct location and time was getting short, he became obviously irritated and his passes we too low on five or six cases. He completely came unglued. Trent Dilfer was the color guy and he mentioned how the problems he was having with plays and players not going where they should on routes were getting him out of his rhythm and he was losing his poise.

Every QB needs to get into a rhythm, and that rhythm is set by the OC with the plays called. I am not a Smith fan but the magnitude of the difficulty under which he has been working has now been fully exposed.

I won't respond to Smith comments...this is all about coaches.
Originally posted by dj43:

It's not an excuse but if you watched Philip Rivers implode last night when plays did not get in on time, then you begin to understand that even one of the elite QBs in the league has problems with these situations. As players were not lining up in the correct location and time was getting short, he became obviously irritated and his passes we too low on five or six cases. He completely came unglued. Trent Dilfer was the color guy and he mentioned how the problems he was having with plays and players not going where they should on routes were getting him out of his rhythm and he was losing his poise.

Every QB needs to get into a rhythm, and that rhythm is set by the OC with the plays called. I am not a Smith fan but the magnitude of the difficulty under which he has been working has now been fully exposed.

problem is the chargers will fix it, we wont. raye is sings dude.

Yes Alex has a lot to deal with. More than what he really should. But, playmakers make plays despite of the situation which is what set them apart from system guys. Alex is not shown himself to be a very good playmaker at this point and must rely upon the system that is obviously not functional. You should have never menioned Alex if you could not accept a response.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

problem is the chargers will fix it, we wont. raye is sings dude.

I believe Turner will fix it. We all agree that the 49ers have a systemic problem. My point in citing Rivers problem was how these issues the 49ers are having can turn an elite QB into junk. I have watched Rivers a lot over the past three years (SD is my favorite AFC West team), and I have never seem him come apart like last night. He was missing open receivers on easy throws.
Originally posted by WINiner:
If there is ANY shred of truth to this story, and assuming this was an issue last season as witnessed by poor clock managment, then Singltary should be effin canned right along with Raye.

Sing is responsible for his coaching staff, and needs to quit his affirmative action bull****. This is the NFL not the NAACP. I don't apreciate Sing handicapping this team cause he's trying to give some of "his people" a job.

This is racist and not even close to being true.

Nice post
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Multibomber:

Sing won't fire Raye. Therefore you are incorrect.

He doesn't have to fire Raye, but if anything happens to where Alex isn't getting the plays in time during the NO game, I guarantee the current arrangement of Raye calling plays will change.

They should first give Raye a goddamn signal sheet like every other OC in ever has!! If that don't, work from the booth, they'll try having him on the sidelines, if that dont work, then he wont be calling plays anymore. Sing isnt stupid and he knows that if he doesn't get a division title this year, he's gone!

THIS^

Oh and I live in SD so I see a lot of Chargers games. Rivers is a fantastic QB but he really lost his poise last night, probably due to play calls getting confused!

[ Edited by Multibomber on Sep 14, 2010 at 22:00:38 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
If there is ANY shred of truth to this story, and assuming this was an issue last season as witnessed by poor clock managment, then Singltary should be effin canned right along with Raye.

Sing is responsible for his coaching staff, and needs to quit his affirmative action bull****. This is the NFL not the NAACP. I don't apreciate Sing handicapping this team cause he's trying to give some of "his people" a job.

wow where the f**k does this come from?

I guess you forgot his first choice for OC was Linehan who declined, I think he also offered another white guy the job but I don't remember if he declined or he just interviewed him

AHHH but that wasn't the ONLY hire for Oline was it?

No there was no other offer, Solari was Sings 1st choice.

So you are telling me there were NO better candiates than his nephew, Raye, Johnson, or Brown? Palease.....

I could care less if we have black white green or red coaches, but I want them hired cause they are the best person for the job, and IMO Sing hires far too many black candidates when there are FAR superior options available.

IMO it stinks and I don't like it

Again, you stated nothing when the two scrub HC who have built careers off of afrimative action for whites ran this organization into the ground. Sing is far from being a racist and to suggest that he is reflects upon how you see the world.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Sep 14, 2010 at 22:13:54 ]
I knew it was the offensive coaching staff all along. Jon Gruden will be in town on Monday. Jed, talk to the man!
Originally posted by contrarios:
I knew it was the offensive coaching staff all along. Jon Gruden will be in town on Monday. Jed, talk to the man!

talk to him!!!!!!!!!
If Sing can't or doesn't want to fire Raye, Sing should be fired along with Raye. Mike Johnson needs to be the OC immediately. I'm so pissed right now I want to punch a baby.
Originally posted by ttime1:

Yes Alex has a lot to deal with. More than what he really should. But, playmakers make plays despite of the situation which is what set them apart from system guys. Alex is not shown himself to be a very good playmaker at this point and must rely upon the system that is obviously not functional. You should have never menioned Alex if you could not accept a response.

Haven't we discussed Smith enough? This thread is about how coaches influence the play of players on the field. I cited the Philip Rivers example of what that looks like in the game and you insist on taking that back to Alex Smith. We don't need to do that again. OK? Go back and re-read my comments about the SD/KC game, or better yet, watch it if you recorded it. It was a train wreck.