LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Dez Bryant

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Cowboys would “think about” listening to offers for Dez Bryant
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 18, 2011, 12:14 PM EST

A member of the Cowboys front office told ESPNDallas.com’s Calvin Watkins that the team “would think about” trading wide receiver Dez Bryant this offseason.

Why would they do that? Makes no sense.

D. Bryant

A member of the Cowboys front office told ESPNDallas.com’s Calvin Watkins that the team “would think about” trading wide receiver Dez Bryant this offseason.

This is one of those stories that we can hear being denied by the team before it gets any room to grow.

Bryant appeared to be everything the Cowboys wanted and more when he was on the field as a rookie. But former Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton hinted that not everything was as simple behind the scenes.

“They let [Bryant] get away with a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff,” Crayton said of Bryant per Matt Mosley of ESPN.com.

“Hopefully whoever they bring in as receivers coach, and they say [Jason] Garrett is a disciplinarian, won’t let him get away with so much stuff. He’ll get locked down and hopefully be the next Michael Irvin,” Crayton said. (Nice shot at Garrett there from Crayton.)

It’s hard to imagine the Cowboys really thinking hard about trading Bryant. Perhaps this little missive to the media is an indirect way to tell Bryant to show up to meetings on time and get in the playbook, which were reportedly issues for the young receiver.

It’s a dangerous approach. Bryant may not handle hearing this news well, which is why we expect a quick denial.
PFT
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Why would they do that? Makes no sense.

D. Bryant

This is one of those stories that we can hear being denied by the team before it gets any room to grow.

Bryant appeared to be everything the Cowboys wanted and more when he was on the field as a rookie. But former Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton hinted that not everything was as simple behind the scenes.

“They let [Bryant] get away with a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff,” Crayton said of Bryant per Matt Mosley of ESPN.com.

“Hopefully whoever they bring in as receivers coach, and they say [Jason] Garrett is a disciplinarian, won’t let him get away with so much stuff. He’ll get locked down and hopefully be the next Michael Irvin,” Crayton said. (Nice shot at Garrett there from Crayton.)

It’s hard to imagine the Cowboys really thinking hard about trading Bryant. Perhaps this little missive to the media is an indirect way to tell Bryant to show up to meetings on time and get in the playbook, which were reportedly issues for the young receiver.

It’s a dangerous approach. Bryant may not handle hearing this news well, which is why we expect a quick denial.
PFT

i hope this turns into big-time drama for the Cowboys and they have another s**t season in that ridiculous stadium. We can call it the Turd Palace.
let that boy cook.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
let that boy cook.

Swag
Faith in Crabtree!
Good, there is a thread about this guy. I've never created a thread and no plans to start today. So a lot of articles, and ESPN stories about him not signing his franchise tender, theating to miss the first one or two games of the year If he doesn't get a long term deal. I know the Cowboys aren't as hated as the Seahawks right now. But was wondering what people that know more about the business of the nfl than i do think.... will he hold out? Does he deserve Megatron money?

Who blinks first, dez or jerry?
I don't know their cap situation so I'm unsure who blinks first - probably Jerry.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I think Dez misses the first game of the season and then Jerry will end up blinking.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:
I think Dez misses the first game of the season and then Jerry will end up blinking.

remember they did that with smith, he held out, they went 0-2. they gave him whatever he wanted and they went on to win the super bowl,,,, i think that is how it went
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:

but for a cowboy and a guy with his ego to miss the opener vs the hated giants and i think its on either sunday night or monday night football.

I may be wrong, that's why I differ to posters that know more than I do. Chime in socold, nc, cc, ab, et. al. But I thought the last date they could negotiate a new contract was July 15? So if he doesn't get a new deal by then, does that means he forfeits money from the franchise deal he would have to sign eventually in order to play and get paid this year?
Originally posted by frozen49er:
I may be wrong, that's why I differ to posters that know more than I do. Chime in socold, nc, cc, ab, et. al. But I thought the last date they could negotiate a new contract was July 15? So if he doesn't get a new deal by then, does that means he forfeits money from the franchise deal he would have to sign eventually in order to play and get paid this year?

Not sure on rules of new Cba. I remember Vincent Jackson sat out 9 games one year, then signed franchise tag after 9th game cause then deal would have been forfeited ,
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
can you imagine dez and boldin on the same team? DB's would be s**tting their pants.
Think he holds out and then MC Hammer comes to the rescue and negotiates a deal for both sides.

(Still sounds f*ckin crazy after all these years lol)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Think he holds out and then MC Hammer comes to the rescue and negotiates a deal for both sides.

(Still sounds f*ckin crazy after all these years lol)
sounds even crazier now that he is no longer on our team..... its like,, did that really happen??
Share 49ersWebzone