LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Calvin Johnson TD

Shop 49ers game tickets
if that is not a TD why is this?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814942a2/Smith-scrambles-throws-scores

I believe it should be considered one because he clearly gets possession during the catch having a tight one handed grip on the ball just like gore got a tight grip on his td proving no movement of the ball. should be enough imo.

here it is in case you didnt see it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/09000d5d81a77070/Controversial-call-on-Megatron-non-TD

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:57:30 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Was watching that because of Shaun Hill... They got robbed.
Originally posted by Chief:
Was watching that because of Shaun Hill... They got robbed.

this.

Megatron had the ball for a long time before he let it go...ridiculous
interesting, I didn't remember Gore losing the ball after the catch, but now that you brought it up, it's pretty similar

I think there needs to be different rules for catches in the end zone and all other catches. Just like how a runner only has to break the plane to score a TD, a receiver should only have to catch the ball clearly to score a TD (and not have to maintain possession throughout like elsewhere)
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Dude got penalized for being able to palm a football. I don't think he could have possible displayed control any better.

The Lions certainly aren't a playoff team, but they will win a few games and make most of their games interesting.
Lions got robbed!
The worst part about that B.S. call is it cost me one of my fantasy football match ups. He clearly had possession.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
The worst part about that B.S. call is it cost me one of my fantasy football match ups. He clearly had possession.

same...

well, my game is not over, but if I lose by a couple points...
Originally posted by hklar17:
Lions got robbed!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
The call was right, the rule is stupid. They need to change this stupid s**t in the off-season.

Shaun Hill once again coming through in the clutch.

Too bad we got rid of him to comfort Alex.
We need a big fluid receiver like CJ, or Randy, or Marques, or Marshall, or Britt, or V Jackson.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The call was right, the rule is stupid. They need to change this stupid s**t in the off-season.

This.

And to add...someone posted a we need Shaun Hill back thread last night.... That Lions team managed just 72 yards of offense with Hill and struggled almost the entire 2nd half to move the chains.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Shaun Hill once again coming through in the clutch.

Too bad we got rid of him to comfort Alex.

Don't worry, we have proven bust Carr as our back up. Ugh!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

This.

And to add...someone posted a we need Shaun Hill back thread last night.... That Lions team managed just 72 yards of offense with Hill and struggled almost the entire 2nd half to move the chains.

Yah, and in the second half of our game versus the Seahawks we tore it up in the 2nd half.
Share 49ersWebzone