There are 386 users in the forums

Article on Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
LINK

Here's the quote that stood out most to me:

"It really comes down to the players. That's what you get excited about. Good players will overcome bad situations sometimes and make you look like you're doing a pretty good job of calling a game."

I just don't get why he talks about being so aggressive, and yet as our head coach we always ran the Big Nipple defense.
lmao
f**k him
"I really don't know," Nolan said.

NO s**t.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
LINK

Here's the quote that stood out most to me:

"It really comes down to the players. That's what you get excited about. Good players will overcome bad situations sometimes and make you look like you're doing a pretty good job of calling a game."

I just don't get why he talks about being so aggressive, and yet as our head coach we always ran the Big Nipple defense.

Oh f**k... the big nickel D... oh man I remember after Nolan was fired the entire defense rejoiced; I specially recall Spikes telling Mike & Mike the following week: "HELLS YEAH, SING IS GONNA LET MANUSKY UNLEASH THE DAWGS!!!"
mike nolan is probally the best D coordinator in the nfl and he is also a very good GM

he just cant coach
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
mike nolan is probally the best D coordinator in the nfl and he is also a very good GM

he just cant coach

and turns on his franchise qb.

and is too stupid to start shaun hill over JTO

he just cant coach

That's exactly why I couldn't stand the defense we ran when he was HC. He seems to let it fly when he's the DC.
every time he had a conference when he was our hc, he reminded of george f**king bush every time he talks.

he just cant coach

THE BEST d coordinator? Come on. He wasn't even the best D coordinator on his own coaching staff.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is what I feel like every time I hear the name Mike Nolan.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Coach Suit and his PowerPoint presentations will be so dearly missed.

he just cant coach

One of the many problems I had with Nolan was the fact that he wanted to play "Nolan guys." Singletary, on the other hand, wants the best guys to play. Michael Robinson was the epitome of both a "Nolan guy" and a "Singletary guy." The difference is that Sing didn't consider him to be one of the best 53 so he let him go. I don't think Nolan would have done that. A "Singletary guy" is a player who puts out and gets results on the field.

Another difference is that Nolan, when things got hot, had no problem throwing players under the bus which made a mockery of the "Nolan guy" concept. In reality, the only "Nolan guy" was Nolan. He also couldn't get a handle on a talented player like Davis. He couldn't command enough respect to discipline him and get him turned around. Singletary took care of that very quickly as soon as he became the head coach. Nolan had insecurities that underminded him as a head coach. Singletary seems to have no such insecurities.

The famous clip that helped get Nolan hired with the Niners, when he is yelling at Singletary to get in Ray Lewis' face, always struck me as kind of odd. It wasn't Nolan confronting Lewis; it was Nolan dispatching Singletary to do it. Nolan had enough sense to realize that the only man who could have talked to Ray Lewis like that and get him to respond was Mike Singletary.

[ Edited by BHulman on Sep 11, 2010 at 18:14:19 ]
i really don't hate mike nolan as much as a lot of you do. he brought some talent on this team, just couldnt finish the job
Originally posted by HessianDud:

he just cant coach

THE BEST d coordinator? Come on. He wasn't even the best D coordinator on his own coaching staff.

hes definitally up there he turned a pedestrian D in denver into a respectable D in a matter of 1 year

he led the ravens to a superbowl with his D

i know why we shud hate him and i do but as a HC but as a D coordinator he is a genius
Share 49ersWebzone