There are 230 users in the forums

Davis clears waivers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jones49:
Wait, Nate Davis was claimed by who?

unknown yet but numerous teams are trying to sign him.

I'm gonna say the Browns will end up with Nate.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Wait, Nate Davis was claimed by who?

unknown yet but numerous teams are trying to sign him.

Not a big loss but I would have preferred to develop him for another year and then see what happens. 1 year is to soon to give up on him imo. I can see him being decent(better than we have had since Jeff Garcia) and its not like we have a stacked QB corp that has no room for a Nate Davis.
i would of much rather kept him than Carr.

Unlike Alex, I don't see Carr getting better with age (like Rich Gannon) so yeah I agree.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'm gonna say the Browns will end up with Nate.

I sorta think so too.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I am glad that davis stay with the 49ers?!!?!! i am so happy.. I thought, 49erswebzone is F**k a clown and joke a Zzz!! But I am so happy that davis is stay with us...

I'm going to f**k you in the mouth.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
he's the next peyton manning

Maybe not Manning, but possibly the next Aaron Rogers....

Not hardly, Rodgers has more smarts than Davis, and more discipline it seems.

Not hardly? That's like one of them double negatives or something

Hey, cut him some slack. He's from Memphis.. Just kidding. Memph is one of the smarter posters around here.

BTW, I was just kidding in regard to the Rogers comment. However, my point was just because we cut him (or didn't choose him, aka Rogers) doesn't mean that everyone who thinks he sucks was right.
Only white QB's get 7 years to prove themselves. All minorities get 3, tops.

Except for Michael Vick. 9 years and people are still waiting to see magic from him.

he's mexican. "Ron Mexico", member?

• bret
  • Veteran
Only white QB's get 7 years to prove themselves. All minorities get 3, tops.

That's BS. Top picks have more money invested in them, that's all. How many years did Jim Drunken-miller get?!

Unlike Alex, I don't see Carr getting better with age (like Rich Gannon) so yeah I agree.

at least Carr can literally call the play in the huddle:

The quarterback, 49ers second-year pro Nate Davis, has dyslexia and often works for close to 45 minutes at night with housemate and Niners wide receiver Dominique Zeigler to master the system. Davis' learning disability often causes him to mix up basics like left and right - not a good thing in the football world when sets and blocking patterns depend on directions.

He has a tough time "getting the play out" and actually executing a given call.

"I know what I'm doing out there. It's just saying the play, that's my main problem, getting the words out," Davis said. "I made big progress from last year. I've just got to keep on working."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-06-08/49ers-qb-davis-working-hard-learn-playbook#ixzz0ysVxTnYT
[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM ]
I have my doubts on another team dropping one of their 53 for a project QB to sit the next two years.

I think he'll be on our p-squad this coming year...but I could be wrong
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope he gets picked up, we need to end this relationship, now.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Misleading title, he hasn't been claimed yet. Whitlock is a huge Davis homer that pretty much clued everyone in on his poor work ethic in a way that I found in poor taste honestly.

It was obvious his aim was to motivate him. But it seemed odd to do it through a Fox Sports article.
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
I have my doubts on another team dropping one of their 53 for a project QB to sit the next two years.

I think he'll be on our p-squad this coming year...but I could be wrong

There is the possibility of a coach being out there who is familiar with dyslexia and helping players overcome it in terms of learning a system.
Share 49ersWebzone