LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Davis clears waivers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Mike Singletary said on KNBR Tuesday morning that he hopes to shuttle quarterback Nate Davis through waivers and then plant him on the practice squad. Don't expect that to happen. According to a tweet by Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock, Davis has already been claimed by several teams. Whitlock may be wrong, but he's in a position to know. He's close to Davis and to the Ball State football program where Whitlock played ball. Davis also played at Ball State.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=71812#ixzz0ytOKs3C1

*****UPDATE***** - 9/8
Quote:
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows

Nate Davis cleared waivers. The plan is to sign him to the practice squad ...

MaioccoCSN

No official word on waivers but Nate Davis just entered 49ers team complex.

Originally posted by valrod33:
# Matt Barrows mattbarrows

Nate Davis cleared waivers. The plan is to sign him to the practice squad ... 3 minutes ago via web

# mattbarrows

... Jarrett Brown will be the odd man out on the practice squad. 3 minutes ago via web
[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM ]
he's the next peyton manning
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good, its time to move on.
znk was right he is kinda on the chubby side

anyway ill believe it when he acually gets claimed
Misleading title, he hasn't been claimed yet. Whitlock is a huge Davis homer that pretty much clued everyone in on his poor work ethic in a way that I found in poor taste honestly.
Whitlock is an idiot, no one knows yet.

Oh and it's "gets" claimed, no apostrophe, "get's" isn't a word.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Sep 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Misleading title, he hasn't been claimed yet. Whitlock is a huge Davis homer that pretty much clued everyone in on his poor work ethic in a way that I found in poor taste honestly.

Screw you, I'm going with it.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Screw you, I'm going with it.

Run with it man...run with it!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams or Cards claimed him.
I am glad that davis stay with the 49ers?!!?!! i am so happy.. I thought, 49erswebzone is F**k a clown and joke a Zzz!! But I am so happy that davis is stay with us...

Originally posted by GEEK:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams or Cards claimed him.

the cards wont take him they already have 2 pretty promising rookie qbs with skeleton and hall

btw has any1 seen flly since davis got cut? just wondering...
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
he's the next peyton manning

Maybe not Manning, but possibly the next Aaron Rogers....
Meh. Troy Smith is closer to being in an NFL game than Nate Davis will, if ever.
Bye Nate, try to enjoy the rainy Seattle weather.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Meh. Troy Smith is closer to being in an NFL game than Nate Davis will, if ever.

But he sucks and won't get better. Davis is still raw and will improve.
Share 49ersWebzone