LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Leiniart signs with Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
espn_nfcwest

Matt Leinart, Antonio Smith, Neil Rackers are ex-Cards with Houston now. Cards draft choices Buster Davis, LeRon McCoy are former Texans.

JasonLaCanfora

Matt Leinart has a 1 year deal with Texans

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Matt Leinart has reached agreement with the Texans on a one-year deal.
Wow, that didn't take long. I guess it's no harm to see if there's any improvement in his motivation and work ethic from this one-yr deal. I don't even know who is Houston's #2 QB is since I'm assuming Leinart will be their #3 Bench QB. Most likely he'll fail and become a FA again. It was the Niners who really dodged a bullet with him staying in college.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM ]
Kubiak can develop QB's. Good decision on Lionheart's part.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Wow, that didn't take long. I guess it's no harm to see if there's any improvement in his motivation and work ethic from this one-yr deal. I don't even know who is Houston's #2 QB is since I'm assuming Leinart will be their #3 Bench QB. Most likely he'll fail and become a FA again. It was the Niners who really dodged a bullet with him staying in college.

"Leinart will become the Texans' third quarterback behind starter Matt Schaub and backup Dan Orlovsky, who will remain the No. 2 at least until Leinart has some command of Houston's offensive scheme, sources said."

What a loser. He goes from starter to 3rd string in a little more than a week.
now he is in Vince Young's hometown.

lol
I figured it wouldn't take too long for someone to pick him up, at this point he seems like a low risk gamble, he really hasn't been given a chance so he could suprise some people in the future. I just didn't see the Texans being a team that would've been interested in him.
He will be a QB coach before too long. After all, Those who can't do, teach.
Originally posted by BigRon:

whats he going to teach though?

How to be a spoiled brat? How to put in no effort and expect to succeed?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by BigRon:

whats he going to teach though?

How to be a spoiled brat? How to put in no effort and expect to succeed?

Proper technique for Clipboard holding.
Share 49ersWebzone