LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Patrick Crayton traded to Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Dallas traded WR Patrick Crayton to San Diego. Chargers get another receiver that they could use.

Adam_Schefter Chargers surrendered a 7th-round pick for WR Patrick Crayton.
interesting....
They should have traded Roy Williams and kept Crayton.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Nice trade for the Chargers, depending what happens with vincent jackson, I could see Crayton having a nice season with them.
Crayton is a solid #2 and can return kicks.
Decent trade for Dallas. Fans hated him and he wasn't going to get any playing time. Got something for nothing, really.
Great pick up for the Chargers. Dallas is stupid for letting him go.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I wouldn't say that.

Outstanding young talent with Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Kevin Ogletree and Sam Hurd (they really, really like this guy). Crayton was the #5 or 6 at best and wasn't able to outshine any of these top four. Rather than cut him, they at least got a pick. Dallas was smart in moving him.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 3, 2010 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
They should have traded Roy Williams and kept Crayton.

Probably since Chargers didn't want Roy Williams. Roy is at best a possession receiver with declining skills.

Unlike Jerry Jones the Chargers GM AJ Smith is not a moron. Two first rounders and a third for that scrub.

Heck, Norv Turner can get equal production out of Jason Hill.
He's a good player and they didn't give up much.

For a late 7th? Wtf that's chump change. We got more for balmer lol
I saw yesterday Crayton was being shopped and I hoped we would go for him. He's a better punt returner than anyone we have and has done more as a WR than most of current WRs.

Good deal for SD.

Stupid of us.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I wouldn't say that.

Outstanding young talent with Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Kevin Ogletree and Sam Hurd (they really, really like this guy). Crayton was the #5 or 6 at best and wasn't able to outshine any of these top four. Rather than cut him, they at least got a pick. Dallas was smart in moving him.

Lets agree to disagree then, because I would take Crayton over Ogletree, Hurd, and possibly Williams too because he has more upside. He was their 3d or 4th best receiver IMO.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I wouldn't say that.

Lets agree to disagree then, because I would take Crayton over Ogletree, Hurd, and possibly Williams too because he has more upside. He was their 3d or 4th best receiver IMO.

I suppose we'll have to. Although I grew up in the Bay Area, I live near Dallas currently, and the fans absolutely hate him here. He is loathed by the fanbase because of muffed punts and dropped passes on a consistent basis.

I tell ya, they're rejoicing he's gone. There's a reason why he wound up so far down the depth chart.
Roy Williams is probably untradeable with his contract
Share 49ersWebzone