LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

What am I missing?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I don't care about the Smith quip (it's pretty funny for its lameness), it's the obsession with McNabb. He has a career completion percentage under 60%, which makes him not much more accurate than Alex and he tends to come up small more often than not, although it's a team effort for Philly's self destruction in the playoffs.

Quote:
The 49ers have a talented defense that is mentally tough, but on offense they are far from fitting the profile. They are going to play in many tight games, in part because their defense will keep them in every game, but also because they won't be able to score early enough to put games away. If they had made the trade for Donovan McNabb, they would be my pick in the NFC, but they decided against it. Now they must live and die with Alex Smith at quarterback. My sense is they will eventually die.

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d5d81a39767/article/packers-chargers-fit-profile-of-super-bowl-champions?module=HP_spotlight
I was saying the same thing you are the whole time there was speculation we were trading for McNabb. He chokes in big games and he isn't really that good. There is a lot more upside to Smith at this point than there is to McNabb. Sure, McNabb brings a veteran presence, but I'd still rather have Smith. Then again, I never gave up on Smith and I always wanted to see what he could do on a quality football team. This year that will finally be realized.
Share 49ersWebzone