Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by digital9er:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He'll never start at saftey.

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

Boy, you were way off on Mays, the kid played great.

I am glad he is wrong. All were missing now is another good CB and FS to go along with our great front 7. Spencer is great Clements and Goldson need to go.

my hatred for goldson grows every week he has no coverage skills what so ever. he couldnt cover baas on a go route

I know right. And to think Goldson wants Ed Reed type money

LOL can't cover baas on a go route.

IMO MArk Freaking Roman, had better coverage than goldson...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
He has a bright future as do a lot of young players on this team. We just need some front office direction and a head coach that have a clue.

This.
Looks like Mays had a good game hope I was wrong about the guy
Originally posted by lamontb:

We have yet to see him in coverage though.
As I mentioned in the other thread, in one game he had more solo and total tackles than Lewis has had this season combined. And he had a TD to boot. Kid played great.
Originally posted by Hollywood:
As I mentioned in the other thread, in one game he had more solo and total tackles than Lewis has had this season combined. And he had a TD to boot. Kid played great.

he did play good, but teams are gonna challenge him now, for whatever reason the Falcons didnt try and test the rookie. Lets see how he plays the rest of the year
Lets not go crazy over Mays yet. He played one game. His tackles were all or almost all way down the field after a big gain.

We still need to see him in pass coverage.
Originally posted by valrod33:

he did play good, but teams are gonna challenge him now, for whatever reason the Falcons didnt try and test the rookie. Lets see how he plays the rest of the year

good. throw his ass into the fire. Best way to learn. This season is just a long preseason for 2011.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

good. throw his ass into the fire. Best way to learn. This season is just a long preseason for 2011.

I agree its the best way to learn, im just saying lets not suck his cock just yet

I agree its the best way to learn, im just saying lets not suck his cock just yet

too late. I was drunk and lone..........ahh forget it. you'd never understand.

too late. I was drunk and lone..........ahh forget it. you'd never understand.

pm me the details and pics if you got any

Agreed, Kolb and D.Jackson/Maclin will be testing Mays all day this sunday. (he has the speed, but will he have the coverage?)
Originally posted by darkknight49:

I'm a lot less concerned about that after Sunday's game. You don't have to be blazing fast to be a saftey, but you must know how to read angles from 20+ yards away and anticipate where the play is going. I think he clearly demonstrated that he has the instincts of a top flight safety. Now it's up to him to learn (and hopefully master) one of the most complex positions in all of football.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 5, 2010 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

I'm a lot less concerned about that after Sunday's game. You don't have to be blazing fast to be a saftey, but you must know how to read angles from 20+ yards away and anticipate where the play is going. I think he clearly demonstrated that he has the instincts of a top flight safety. Now it's up to him to learn (and hopefully master) one of the most complex positions in all of football.

I hope so, Earl thomas up in seattle has like 4 INTS already.
Share 49ersWebzone