LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tidissis08:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
a 7th round pick is lame.

then again, Shaun Hill got us a 7th round pick that Baalke turned into Daniel Kilgore. So a little something is better than nothing, but its hard to believe that they couldn't have handled this better.

I got to agree with you. He would of probably gotten release if Niners didn't trade him. Better then nothing.

exactly, samething with balmer, it doesnt always work out with high picks, trading them for much lower picks isnt ideal, but i can just see the backlash when these players get cut.."why didnt we at least try to get a 7th rounder for him".....you'd see a million of those posts
7th round pick for someone that would have been cut?

Sounds about right..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Sounds about right..

That also would've been a dumb move to just straight cut a 2nd round pick in his 2nd year. I'm losing confidence in this GM.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Sounds about right..

That also would've been a dumb move to just straight cut a 2nd round pick in his 2nd year. I'm losing confidence in this GM.

It's Fangio as well. I don't know why everyone is putting this on Baalke. Do you all forget that Fangio basically came out and said that Mays for all intents and purposes will not be part of any long term plans? Heck, it's probably Harbaugh as well. Mays has been running with the 3rd team defense all training camp - that's cut territory.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 30, 2011 at 5:03 AM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Article deleted. Soooooooo no proof that this claim is true.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Sounds about right..

It's Fangio as well. I don't know why everyone is putting this on Baalke. Do you all forget that Fangio basically came out and said that Mays for all intents and purposes will not be part of any long term plans. Heck, it's probably Harbaugh as well. Mays has been running with the 3rd team defense all training camp - that's cut territory.

Sorry I missed that part, but I did remember Ed Donatell one of the best secondary coaches out there giving some praise about Taylor Mays.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Maiocco reported it now.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Janitor:

Maiocco reported it now.

Wasn't his article based off the other one? Sounds like typical media circle to me.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Now G. Cohn says Schefter reported it, but I can't find anything from Schefter himself saying that. Checked his twitter and google searched it.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Sounds about right..

It's Fangio as well. I don't know why everyone is putting this on Baalke. Do you all forget that Fangio basically came out and said that Mays for all intents and purposes will not be part of any long term plans. Heck, it's probably Harbaugh as well. Mays has been running with the 3rd team defense all training camp - that's cut territory.

Sorry I missed that part, but I did remember Ed Donatell one of the best secondary coaches out there giving some praise about Taylor Mays.

Donatell's praise might have just been coach-speak and political talk.

From Barrows:

Mays has been playing with the third-string defense this offseason, and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio today made it clear, when discussing safeties, that he was not in the 49ers' plans.

"We feel good with (Donte) Whitner, him (Reggie Smith), (Dashon) Goldson, (Madieu) Williams, and (C.J.) Spillman," Fangio said. 'We feel like we've got five safeties there that can play in the NFL. Some of them have great special teams value over the others, so if we have to keep four, that will be a hard decision. If we keep five, I think they will all be different pieces that we will use during the season."

linkage

Maiocco also had a similar article.

it's pretty obvious why this all went down. Mays f**ked Baalke's wife.

Sounds about right..

SO they should have cut a better safety because Singletary threw a hissy fit and wanted Mays way too early? That makes no dang sense dagnabbit.
I really don't understand giving up on him so early. And if they didn't want him why do they have to send the mass email, it obviously didn't help his trade value. So im kinda scratching my head at this whole situation.
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
I really don't understand giving up on him so early. And if they didn't want him why do they have to send the mass email, it obviously didn't help his trade value. So im kinda scratching my head at this whole situation.

Bengals will probably cut him.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
S Mays shows why most teams didn't want him
S Taylor Mays showed why 31 teams were uninterested in his services on the first play from scrimmage Thursday. As has been the knock on Mays, despite his elite size and speed he found himself out of position and beaten on a deep pass. He eventually committed a pass interference penalty. Bengals RapidReports
Share 49ersWebzone