LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Sam the Ram

Shop 49ers game tickets
Smells like desperation in here.
Deep down, I would have gladly traded away our two 1st's to get Bradford. The guy is going to be an excellent NFL quarterback, and the Rams are going to be 250% more difficult to play this year because of him alone.
Bradford has an uncanny feel for the passing game, he knows just where to put a football. With a little bit of time in the pocket, he is dangerous.
Hopefully, that O-line of their's stays bad for as long as possible.
Damn, SAm was look good for qb and impress for better a leader team.. I really wanna him but most of ppl didn't want him of here.. haha.. toobad dude...
Sam bradford will suck in the regular season.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Deep down, I would have gladly traded away our two 1st's to get Bradford. The guy is going to be an excellent NFL quarterback, and the Rams are going to be 250% more difficult to play this year because of him alone.
Bradford has an uncanny feel for the passing game, he knows just where to put a football. With a little bit of time in the pocket, he is dangerous.

Why? I don't put too much stock in a preseason game. Sam Bradford did have a great game, but the going will get tougher for him in the regular season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fastforward:

Why? I don't put too much stock in a preseason game. Sam Bradford did have a great game, but the going will get tougher for him in the regular season.

yah wouldnt want him with that and paying him 50 million gauranteed. The Rams can have him for that kind of money.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fastforward:

yah wouldnt want him with that and paying him 50 million gauranteed. The Rams can have him for that kind of money.

Yeah and the dude is coming off a shoulder injury and the last thing that I want is another spread QB.

-9fA
he has no receivers to throw to... avery tore his ACL
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
the Pats defense is NOT that good anymore...an aging defensive line. young, albeit up and coming linebackers, but still young and not quite there yet. and no one special in the secondary at all...meh..

sam looked alright, but the pats always got a lot of defensive credit for an unusually high amount of shoot outs they were involved in..

It's a shell of it's former self but it's not a bad defense at all. They ranked 11th last season. They just can't get to the QB anymore, and you a keep a talented QB like Bradford upright all day and he's going to torch you.

The Pat's defense really isn't that good. They are decent against the run but their pass defense was exposed last year. They were 12th in the league because last year no one in their conference could throw the ball with the possible exception of Henne (Sanchez, Henne, Edwards) and were primarily running teams. Did you see the Saints game? Wide open receivers all night long, Drew Brees didn't have to make spectacular plays, he just had to look at which ever WR was uncovered and wide open running down the field. It looked like an NFL Offense going against a 3rd string defense.

Let Sam repeat this against a real top 10 defense before they crown him savior of the rams. The pats offense is still amazing but their defense is living off the reputation of those superbowl teams.

It dont matter how good or bad the Pats defense is. The point is that this dude looks like he can play, and thats bad news for us because its a division team. If he turns out good he's gonna be killing us for the next ten years while we still wait for Alex Smith to develop.

Exactly! Regardless of the D he was playing, dude was on point. Made reads and put the ball where it needed to be on more than a few occasions. If A.Smith does that even once in a game, we're ready to dust off space for trophy #6. Bradford does it consistently and we say, "Meh, the D he was playing sucks"

Consistently? 1st game 6/13, 54 yards, 2nd game 6/14 for 24 yards. I'm not writing him off cause of the D, I'm just not overreacting because of one good game during preseason. This is the same sh*t that made people want to proclaim Davis as our starter this year. Look at Leinarts 300yrd game in preseason last year, he must be the next Kurt Warner right? How is that turning out.

It's called perspective, and the ability to keep things in it. If he is good than that's great, being from CU I saw him plenty in the Big 12, the dude has all the talent in the world. Then let's get a little respect for the NFC West. He can be "Peyton Manning good" for all I care the fact is that TEAM is still years away from being competitive. Players are gonna be good to great on other teams in the NFC west, that's a fact. All our franchise can due is build a stronger team and hopefully win our match-ups.

Per... spec... tive?

You do understand people from Niner Talk can read this too, right?

Haha yeah, my bad! I should of written "Sam can haz TD's, Alex can haz no TD's"

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Preseason football is serious business

He already looks to better then Alex Smith ever has.

Susweel everytime you speak it is like this girl

Originally posted by MaliCali:
the Pats defense is NOT that good anymore...an aging defensive line. young, albeit up and coming linebackers, but still young and not quite there yet. and no one special in the secondary at all...meh..

sam looked alright, but the pats always got a lot of defensive credit for an unusually high amount of shoot outs they were involved in..

They only allowed 17.8 PPG last year, and that was 5th best in the league. They have some pretty damn good players in Wilfork, Ty Warren, Jerrod Mayo, and Brandon Meriweather.. And TBC had double digit sacks last year!

I would have liked Bradford as well. Doubt the Rams would have made a trade with the 49ers. If that front office builds a team around Bradford, the Rams could be serious contenders for the NFC West by 2012.

Lets hope the Rams keep the bad luck spell they have since Warner left. The injuries, draft busts, and the general lack of talent.
Share 49ersWebzone