LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Sam the Ram

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He looked good. I thought for sure that arm was shot.
I agree man, he looked good. And I don't mean "Alex Smith against Minnesota good", I mean GOOD! Against the Pats 1st string D, no less. It'll be interesting to see how he develops. They seem to have a decent running game, which will help Bradford out a lot this season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I agree man, he looked good. And I don't mean "Alex Smith against Minnesota good", I mean GOOD! Against the Pats 1st string D, no less. It'll be interesting to see how he develops. They seem to have a decent running game, which will help Bradford out a lot this season.

Yeah, he looked like his old Oklahoma self.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Let's see how good he looks when he gets pressure every down from real NFL defenses. He's never handled it well the few times he got it in college.
Pos aver que pedo.
My hair might catch fire if the rams turned out to be the second best team in the NFC. Its possible. They were having trouble with their O line last year. I have not bothered to check how those issues were dealt with. Sam might get beat up this year.
[ Edited by fister30 on Aug 27, 2010 at 5:59 AM ]
didnt look bad

but its preseason and I doubt Bellicheck ran any complicated schemes. His defenses would give peyton manning difficult times, so i cant imagine bradford being that good.
the Pats defense is NOT that good anymore...an aging defensive line. young, albeit up and coming linebackers, but still young and not quite there yet. and no one special in the secondary at all...meh..

sam looked alright, but the pats always got a lot of defensive credit for an unusually high amount of shoot outs they were involved in..
[ Edited by MaliCali on Aug 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM ]
Originally posted by MaliCali:
the Pats defense is NOT that good anymore...an aging defensive line. young, albeit up and coming linebackers, but still young and not quite there yet. and no one special in the secondary at all...meh..

sam looked alright, but the pats always got a lot of defensive credit for an unusually high amount of shoot outs they were involved in..

It's a shell of it's former self but it's not a bad defense at all. They ranked 11th last season. They just can't get to the QB anymore, and you a keep a talented QB like Bradford upright all day and he's going to torch you.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
doesn't take away from the fact that he made good decisions with the ball and put it where it needed to be.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

The Pats first string defense is old and awful. I want to see him do it against a defense like Minnesota. But he did look great, I'm not taking that away from him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He already looks to better then Alex Smith ever has.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by MaliCali:

It's a shell of it's former self but it's not a bad defense at all. They ranked 11th last season. They just can't get to the QB anymore, and you a keep a talented QB like Bradford upright all day and he's going to torch you.

The Pat's defense really isn't that good. They are decent against the run but their pass defense was exposed last year. They were 12th in the league because last year no one in their conference could throw the ball with the possible exception of Henne (Sanchez, Henne, Edwards) and were primarily running teams. Did you see the Saints game? Wide open receivers all night long, Drew Brees didn't have to make spectacular plays, he just had to look at which ever WR was uncovered and wide open running down the field. It looked like an NFL Offense going against a 3rd string defense.

Let Sam repeat this against a real top 10 defense before they crown him savior of the rams. The pats offense is still amazing but their defense is living off the reputation of those superbowl teams.
Share 49ersWebzone