LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 159 users in the forums

Colt Mccoy on the bubble in Cleveland

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace seem to be ahead of Colt in the depth chart with another QB playing well.

According to a sporting news Colt is on the bubble.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsulVW50e3D4dU5hisj1inNDubYF?slug=tsn-166265

I guess more NFL coaches are using this tactic to motivate players. If colt is cut, I would not mind cutting car and signing colt. I doubt Cleveland is serious. Why would anybody want to have seneca wallace and jake delhomme as your first two options at QB?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What would be the sense of cutting Carr and someone who can't seem to hold a #3 position??? Now I'm no Carr fan, but he is much better than Colt McCoy.

But I'm willing to bet the Cowboys would cut McGee since hes on the bubble too and pick up the other hometown kid.
Originally posted by fister30:
Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace seem to be ahead of Colt in the depth chart with another QB playing well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsulVW50e3D4dU5hisj1inNDubYF?slug=tsn-166265

I guess more NFL coaches are using this tactic to motivate players. If colt is cut, I would not mind cutting car and signing colt. I doubt Cleveland is serious. Why would anybody want to have seneca wallace and jake delhomme as your first two options at QB?

mccoy has been horrible both preseason games. so you want to cut carr and have davis backing up in which singletary and the staff believe hes not close. i never liked mccoy coming out of college as well as his arm and why the browns took him with the terrible winter weather that goes on there is beyond me. the browns have no choice to have them 2 in front of the depth chart, mccoy aint gonna beat them out even if he had jesus along his side.

i'll be more satisfied having jarrett brown over mccoy, theres a reason mccoy fell to the 3rd rd
McCoy would not fit our offense. I don't think he has the arm strength for it (my opinion). But I think he would be perfect for Minnesota or St. Louis since they're both WCO teams that also play in a dome. Too bad for McCoy that Minnesota already has 3 capable QBs and the Rams have Bradford.

There is no way they cut Colt.
I'm sure he's fine. Sit him behind Delhomme for a year, let him play next year.

No Chance
  • BobS
  • Veteran
No matter how bad he plays I doubt a team would give up on a 3rd round QB in his first camp. I think QB is the hardest position to transition from college to pro at, too many guys have to adjust from having 4 seconds to throw to wide open receivers to having 2 seconds throwing to a guy who might have a half step on someone, not an easy adjustment to make.
Originally posted by jta854:

There is no way they cut Colt.

The Patriots waived Quarterback Kevin O'Connell, a third round pick in 2008, prior to the first game of the regular season.

The Packers waived Quarterback Brian Brohm, a second round pick in 2008, on to the practice squad in 2009. The Buffalo Bills picked him up shortly after.

It's not totally out of the question.
If they cut McCoy, I would pick him up for the Niners and cut Nate (preseason god) Davis

Originally posted by BigRon:
If they cut McCoy, I would pick him up for the Niners and cut Nate (preseason god) Davis

The Webzone would explode!

-9fA
Originally posted by BigRon:

Go say that in NT and see what happens

I thought Colt was overrated coming out. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland cut him. They're fine with Delhomme and Wallace.

As for us, I'd rather stick with Carr and Davis.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That dude sucks, he looks like a shorter version of Ken Dorsey.
This IS the same Browns team that just got rid of Brady Quinn AND Derek Anderson, while having no idea whet they were going to do this year at the QB position.

So trying to apply any sort of logic to them, would be like trying to teach a concrete wall how to pass protect.
Share 49ersWebzone