LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Rank the NFC West QBs

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wouldn't sleep on Whitehurst
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I agree that Hasselbeck is the best in the division. But that is more of an admission of the overall poor QB play in the division than anything Hasselbeck has done recently.

Because frankly, he's done nothing.

He went to the playoffs years ago. Saying that past accomplishments somehow mean he is a better QB today is silly. Joe Montana has more past accomplishments than anybody. But if you asked him to play today he'd be horrible. My point is, Hasselbeck's past playoff appearances don't help his fragile body and declining arm strength. And those two factors go into how a QB will play today more than how many playoff games a guy has been to four years ago.

This isn't Matt Hasselbeck of 2005. It's Matt Hasselbeck of 2010. Not the same guy.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
1. Hasselbeck - Been to the SB, 'nuff said
2. Smith - He showed he was at least "ok" last year, but this season decides everything
3. Bradford - He was a beast at Oklahoma, but he will be facing an A. Smith type rookie situation
4. Leinart - He sucks monkey balls

Leinart will have to improve in order to be allowed to suck monkey balls
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
1. Hasselbeck - Been to the SB, 'nuff said
2. Smith - He showed he was at least "ok" last year, but this season decides everything
3. Bradford - He was a beast at Oklahoma, but he will be facing an A. Smith type rookie situation
4. Leinart - He sucks monkey balls

Leinart will have to improve in order to be allowed to suck monkey balls

he was just demoted
Leinart and Bradford tied for 4th now. Both are unproven.
1. Bradford (In 2008, before he decided to stay at Oklahoma, I thought he might be our first round pick.)
2. Smith
3. Hasselbeck (Remember, it is 2010, he isn't Superbowl bound Matt anymore. Also, I live in Seattle and get to see this guy play each week so I trust my judgement over those who are living in the past, which many football fans are.)
4. Anderson (He has the potential to climb anywhere on the list. You never know what Derek Anderson is going to show up.
found this thread and wanted to re-do my rankings after the half way point.. QB's who have saw the field..

1. STL Sam Bradford (4-4) 1,674yds (1) 58.6% (3) 11td (1) 8int (7) 75.9 pass rat (2) - Bradford is mature beyond his years, and the Rams would NOT be as succesful as they are at 4-4 without Bradford..

2. SF Alex Smith (1-6) 1,554yds (2) 59.1% (2) 9td (2) 9int (8) 75.0 pass rat (3) - Smith posts these stats in 7 starts, Smith has struggled but so has the team around him.. in his last 4 starts Smith has been solid, posting 7td 4int and atleast a 87.4 QB rat in 3 of his last 4 games..

3. SF Troy Smith (1-0) 196yds (7) 63.2% (1) 1td (T-5) 0int (1) 115.2 pass rat (1) - Troy does not have enough starts to be placed any higher, but it is safe to say he belongs higher than Hasselbeck, Hall, and Anderson. Smith has upside and can rise or fall..

4. SEA Matt Hasselbeck (4-3) 1,411yds (3) 57.2% (4) 6td (3) 7int (T-6) 70.8 pass rat (4) - Matt has defintely lost a step and has been on the decline the last few seasons..

5. SEA Charlie Whitehurst (0-1) 113yds 52.2% 1td 2int 44.3 pass rat - Whitehurst is struggling in his first start @ home v.s NYG. Clearly does not have timing with his offense and is getting blown out 41-7, showed good arm stregnth, struggled with accuracy, will get better with reps..

6. AZ Derek Anderson (2-3) 1,159yds 54.1% 5td 7int 67.0 pass rat - D.A proves that his pro bowl year was a fluke. Very inaccurate, not comfortable behind center, no excuses with the talent around him..

7. SF David Carr (0-0) 67yds 38.5% 0td 1int 23.6 pass rat - Carr gets the nod over Hall b.c of experience, otherwise its a toss up..

8. AZ Max Hall (1-2) 360 50.7% 1td 5int 41.0 pass rat - Hall looked good in his first start in the win v.s NO and has dropped off since. Looks alot worse than Anderson, and thats saying ALOT..

Something else i want to point out to the ALEX SMITH HATERS.. Smith has struggled some, not arguing that, but his play has been MUCH better than the other QBs besides Bradford.. Just goes to show its not Smith why we are 2-6, its more than that.. We should be better than 2-6 and hopefully we get better with either Troy or Alex and it should be motivating to know that they are the top 3 QBs in ALL of the NFC West..
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 7, 2010 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

Something else i want to point out to the ALEX SMITH HATERS.. Smith has struggled some, not arguing that, but his play has been MUCH better than the other QBs besides Bradford.. Just goes to show its not Smith why we are 2-6, its more than that.. We should be better than 2-6 and hopefully we get better with either Troy or Alex and it should be motivating to know that they are the top 3 QBs in ALL of the NFC West..

so the crowning piece of information that is supposed to OWN all the haters is that Alex Smith is the 2nd best QB(which is highly debatable) in the worst division in football behind a rookie and that he isn't the sole reason why this team is 2-6?

lmfao...
Originally posted by danimal:
I wouldn't sleep on Whitehurst

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
They all suck.

Share 49ersWebzone