There are 218 users in the forums

Willis vs Revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anybody got any other sites they can take this question to? We need an outside perspective.
I'll take an elite LB over an elite CB anyday of the week. Patrick Willis played at an All-Pro level since his first year in the league on a weak defense.... I love Revis Island but C'MON MAYNE (Cris Carter voice)
Our last sb was put in place by d.sanders

I take prime sanders over prime Lewis-Willis.

In our current situation I take Willis over every other defensive player in the NFL.

I think Willis is HOF good.

I don't see a sanders like cb in the NFL right now.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Pete King Tweeted this earlier:
RT @triple3jrb: You would take revis over P.Willis? ... Every day. Twice on Sunday. CBs far more important than ILBs.

I completely disagree A CB can be taken out a game by avoiding to throwing to his side. A ILB is in on every play and calling plays.

I know we are all P52 Homers. But would you take Revis over Willis?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Pffffft

Willis took a dookie and they called it Revis
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Pffffft

Willis took a dookie and they called it Revis

i thought it was a Melky
Originally posted by 49erWill:
If we had Revis and they has Willis...

We would say Revis.

Give it a few more weeks when the season starts and he's still MIA.....
Originally posted by Dshearn:

In our current situation I take Willis over every other defensive player in the NFL.

I disagree...

Deion did get NFL defensive player of the year and was a key contributor that year, but did not put this team in place to win our 5th super bowl.

We had the best offense in the league (3rd year in a row leading the league in scoring by a margin of 20 points I believe that year) with S. Young in his prime.

We spent tons of money that year on guys like; Ken Norton, Jr., Gary Plummer, Rickey Jackson, Richard Dent, Charles Mann & "primetime".That was a roster full of hungry vets that wanted one thing. Bryant Young also got ROY for the NFC.

And, when we finally got what we all wanted in the NFC championship, a chance to give it to the cowgirls. Deion's ability & prescence had a great impact in our season but didn't put us in place to win that game nor the Super Bowl.

[ Edited by nicedraw94080 on Aug 20, 2010 at 11:55:12 ]
he's a moron, is this the same guy who said the SEAHAWKS would win the division? he is very delusional. 1 shutdown corner is not as important than the best MLB.
Willis imo

I don't think Revis can sustain his level of play without being the kind of elite athlete at his position that Willis is at his. Especially the way his holdout is going, it wouldn't surprise me to see him sit out the whole year like his uncle Sean Gilbert, who was never the same player after so much time off.

And as valuable as CB is compared to ILB, a guy like Asomugha (who is still godly btw) is proof that teams can simply avoid him and challenge the defense elsewhere.

Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

I disagree...

Deion did get NFL defensive player of the year and was a key contributor that ye ar, but did not put this team in place to win our 5th super bowl.

We had the best offense in the league (3rd year in a row leading the league in scoring by a margin of 20 points I believe that year) with S. Young in his prime.

We spent tons of money that year on guys like; Ken Norton, Jr., Gary Plummer, Rickey Jackson, Richard Dent, Charles Mann & "primetime".That was a roster full of hungry vets that wanted one thing. Bryant Young also got ROY for the NFC.

And, when we finally got what we all wanted in the NFC championship, a chance to give it to the cowgirls. Deion's ability & prescence had a great impact in our season but didn't put us in place to win that game nor the Super Bowl.

its debatable....

sanders had the best defensive performance
over a season that i have ever seen.

what he did for hanks and McDonald should not be overlooked either.

i credit deion.
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

I disagree...

Deion did get NFL defensive player of the year and was a key contributor that ye ar, but did not put this team in place to win our 5th super bowl.

its debatable....

sanders had the best defensive performance
over a season that i have ever seen.

what he did for hanks and McDonald should not be overlooked either.

i credit deion.

Your giving primetime way too much credit.

He had 6 picks that year, a showdown with Andre Rison in ATL, and a cameo wit MC Hammer...

The guy had 39 total career tackles in the regular season.

1994 49ers 52 man roster > Deion Sanders..

but back to my point .... P. Willis > Revis

[ Edited by nicedraw94080 on Aug 20, 2010 at 14:37:06 ]
regardless of which position matters more (which is ridiculous)..

once again, peter king is probably the biggest media niner hater there is...disregard everything he says in the context of anything 49ers related and move on..
At least Willis is given the credit he deserves as on of the top 2 defensive players in the league. There are fools out there who rank Jon Beason, DeMeco Ryans, and Bart Scott ahead of Willis at LINEBACKER.

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Aug 20, 2010 at 14:56:09 ]
I'll take Willis or a LB of his mold any day over a CB on his own island. Most ships can by pass Revis island to get to the in zone. But most ships have to go through the middle of Patrick 'Red Sea' Lewis if they want to get anywhere.
Share 49ersWebzone