There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

As the Offense goes, so goes the Niners.

As we saw from last year, and in recent years past, our defense is pretty darn good and should be at its best this season.. With that said, to many times last season our defense was keeping us in games and the Offense couldnt get on track until later in the game (2nd half) that can NOT continue this year if we want to win the divison or make it deep in the playoffs. We are definitely the favorite to represent the west, but the offense has to play at a high level. We know Gore brings his hard hat to work game in game out, and now Davis is in the same boat. Can the young unproven Oline pick it up? can Smith Continue on his comeback from last year? can Crabtree be the number 1 we havent had since T.O? and lastly, can Ginn and Williams be consistent in the return game? With our schedule and division, I see us winning at LEAST 10 games, and can definitely be more if we play to the potential..

1. SF 11-5 ; 5-1
2. AZ 8-8 ; 3-3
3. SEA 6-10 ; 3-3
4. STL 3-13 ; 1-5

your thoughts??
I worry more about our game planning. In games like Houston, Philly, Green Bay, Atlanta, it just seemed like we weren't prepared or they were just smarter than Sing/Raye. I haven't thought about it much lately, but I have my doubts about Singletary...
Originally posted by teeohh:
I worry more about our game planning. In games like Houston, Philly, Green Bay, Atlanta, it just seemed like we weren't prepared or they were just smarter than Sing/Raye. I haven't thought about it much lately, but I have my doubts about Singletary...

The thing with Singletary, and dare I say it, is he is very "Mike Nolanish". Now what I mean is the stubborness to admitt that the team might be more effective Spreading the ball around than the conservative run the ball up the gut approach.. I remeber the way Nolan would sound after games sounding very similar to the way Sing sounds. Dont get me wrong, IMO Singletary is a much better coach than Mike, the way he demands the respect and gets the best of his players. But, with that said, he and Raye did spread it out once they saw what fit the style which is different than Nolan ever did. But lets hope they balance it out from the BEGINNING of the season..
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Originally posted by teeohh:

The thing with Singletary, and dare I say it, is he is very "Mike Nolanish". Now what I mean is the stubborness to admitt that the team might be more effective Spreading the ball around than the conservative run the ball up the gut approach.. I remeber the way Nolan would sound after games sounding very similar to the way Sing sounds. Dont get me wrong, IMO Singletary is a much better coach than Mike, the way he demands the respect and gets the best of his players. But, with that said, he and Raye did spread it out once they saw what fit the style which is different than Nolan ever did. But lets hope they balance it out from the BEGINNING of the season..

I completely agree. Like you said above as well, at least he saw the light the second half of the season. This gives me hope for the upcoming year. He actually listens to his guys, and if it's the spread offense that gets us there, then it's the spread offense he will go to in order to make that happen.

Starting the season off with a spread offense might not be the worst thing, either. Right now everyone wholly expects the 49ers to be a run-first team, and I think we can catch quite a few defenses with their pants down in the early going if Alex can come out and deliver the goods without turning the ball over too often.

This will do nicely to set up the run in that middle to latter half of the season stretch. With a guy like Dixon waiting in the wings, he can absoultely kill teams suddenly expecting a pass-happy 49ers with his bruising running in November and December. Call it a rope-a-dope if you will, but I think the 49ers stand a better chance starting the year off airing this thing out.