LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Balmer traded to Seattle

Shop 49ers game tickets
great we traded him to one of the few teams where he can use us as motivation to play well against us!
Originally posted by maximill15:
great we traded him to one of the few teams where he can use us as motivation to play well against us!

Or we think so little of him that we want to play aginst him a couple times a year...
Thanks for the parting gift Scotty!

we traded him to probably the only team that wanted him, i bet there wasnt much of a market for him, might as well get something out of it
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
We'll probably get a seventh and as a bonus, we get to play against him twice a year.

We should run every play right at him.

We are probably going to get something equal (their Garbage)

I rather get a 6-7 round draft pick for next year.

The guy is worthless. No amount of "motivation" can autmatically bump him up to mediocre status.

I saw more activity and production from the UFA that we brought in to replace him and he hasn't even been here for a week!! He even got a high five on the sidelines from Manusky, which has got to mean something right??

and the niners players should want to crush him for leaving out on them. It goes both ways.
  • titan
  • Veteran
It's nice we got something for him, but I see it more as a challenge by Scotty! I feel that he thinks it's our organization and not the players.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

The guy is worthless. No amount of "motivation" can autmatically bump him up to mediocre status.

I saw more activity and production from the UFA that we brought in to replace him and he hasn't even been here for a week!! He even got a high five on the sidelines from Manusky, which has got to mean something right??

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Could be for one of their RBs with all these guys on the roster. Or a 6-7th round pick.

Julius Jones
Justin Forsett
Leon Washington
Adrian Peterson (former Bear)
Quinton Ganther (FB/RB)

So they could probably spare Peterson or Ganther

I'd be stoked if we got Leon if he was healthy! Its not going to happen though, since they were having a hell of a time finding a RB. Why would they get rid of one?

Whatever we get would be well worth it since we finally got rid of that POS, good for nothing bust! Good riddance!

Yeah. That would never happen.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
It's nice we got something for him, but I see it more as a challenge by Scotty! I feel that he thinks it's our organization and not the players.

He is right, we have moved on from playing scrubs and demand talent from players that want to give 100%.
Originally posted by valrod33:

we traded him to probably the only team that wanted him, i bet there wasnt much of a market for him, might as well get something out of it

Right. Either we get something from him, or we cut him and he walks right in to Seattle without us getting compensated.
I still don't like the looks of all this. Traded to a division rival, this guy could end up haunting us. I'm not sure what's going on in camp that young guys are getting disgruntled or alienated or what but it's got me concerned.

I hope some day we find out just what the hell was going on with Balmer over this past week and perhaps some more light gets shed on Glen Coffee also. A 1st and a 3rd round pick are tough pills to swallow. It's almost like we got penalized those picks over the past 2-3 years, like we never got to use them. Very tough.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:

You do realize Scot is NOT the GM in Seattle right ? He is the Senior Personnel Executive and while he likely had Schneider's ear, ultimately it was Schneider's call to pursue the trade.
Share 49ersWebzone