LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Seattle looked like a different team.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
I saw ex-bust Mike Williams catch a pass, he sure looked slow. My Seahawk fan friend said they looked terrible and he is in for a long year, I will trust his judgement.

Yeah, saw that too. The CB really screwed the pooch on that one, and I don't think Williams is going to work out. He's just too damn slow and stiff.
Hey, Hawks are going to be bottom celler for sure... Everything good happened after 1st string went out. Your friend BobS. is one smart s.o.b.

[ Edited by SBXLstolenHawk on Aug 15, 2010 at 18:45:27 ]
Originally posted by SBXLstolenHawk:
Hey, Hawks are going to be bottom celler for sure... Everything good happened after 1st string went out. Your friend BobS. is one smart s.o.b.

are you really a hawk fan or are you the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude?
Originally posted by teeohh:

are you really a hawk fan or are you the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude?

i have a feeling he's a maddog type hawks fan
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Man, that's a pretty twisted and contorted persona...I'm still trying to figure it out. Like a 5th cousin 2 times over 3 divided by a second sister in law or sumpin'.
my name says it all! I love my Hawks all the way down here in Rancho Cucamonga. Believe me, I believed all the hype last year , 4-0 in pre-season. I thought good things were going to happen. what a let down! I am taking a different approach this year, think Bad, and hope the Seahawks surprise me. I have the package, so I won't miss a play. Goodluck Niner fans!
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
my name says it all! I love my Hawks all the way down here in Rancho Cucamonga. Believe me, I believed all the hype last year , 4-0 in pre-season. I thought good things were going to happen. what a let down! I am taking a different approach this year, think Bad, and hope the Seahawks surprise me. I have the package, so I won't miss a play. Goodluck Niner fans!

Dayum, that is sly ass strategy. Gotta lub it. Good luck to you as well sir.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

i have a feeling he's a maddog type hawks fan

indeed he is
seahawks looked gay
my honest approach about the hawks is this, im putting all my dislike for them aside. if im wrong i have no problem manning up. if hasselbeck stays healthy and that oline which i think will be a problem protects hasselbeck their passing offense can be a plus for them. im not worried about their running game 1 bit with the exception of forsett who looked good last yr but our d can handle the run gm very well. the addition of washington gives them a threat but will he be the same guy after that broken leg, time will tell.

now to their d which i really think will be easy to march up and down the field against if our offense comes prepared especially the oline, smith and raye. they have no pass rusher to be worried about, they got some lbs that are good but tatupu is injury prone and even with him and hill who will be suspended wk 1 and curry hasnt played near the way many thought he would play. gore ends up making that whole d his personal b***h yr after yr and i expect the same. trufant last yr wasnt the same guy before he got a raise so im not worried about him on crabtree who should have a nice gm. kelly jennings is nothing special so no worries there either. thomas is a rookie and i expect mistakes by him, i think he'll be solid but he cant do it all himself.

not a bit worried about redman aka milloy overall this is a secondary smith should shred if he indeed he has turned the corner. but the hawks play us tough and would not be surprised if wk 1 ends up being a super close gm being that they would be pumped as well as the crowd. but if we come to play our talent should win without any drama. overall i think their d is in for a loooooooong season and hasselbeck better pray he stays alive

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Detroit Lions 4-0 Preseason followed by 0-16 Regular Season
They have some good players. Their demise is somewhat overblown in the 49ersWZ. They have had injuries at QB, RB and some other key positions over the last several years. With healthy guys and decent QB play IMO they can be formidable. It's difficult to say how good until the season starts but I don't think they are as bad as made out to be.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Why is there so much sarcasm in this thread? If the preseason means so little, why do we care about the 49ers game today? I'm not saying the Seahawks look like they're going to be the best in the division this year, I'm simply stating that they look much improved, inspired, and better than the Cardinals. Lets not forget this is a team we lost to at the end of season, and in a game that essentially knocked us out of the playoffs, however we did beat ourselves that game.

Because it's a chance to watch our team, and because football is back. You can't really figure out how a team will do based on preseason games.

The outcome of the game doesn't mean much, but you can see how certain players are performing and form some assessments. I agree the preseason doesn't mean a lot, but there are some signs that are telling. I live in Seattle and I am quite certain I can tell this team is improved from a preseason ago. Disagree if you will, I'm just calling it how I see it.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Curry annoyed the hell out of me. He has to be smarter on the field.

Hill is not eligable to play until the second week of the season and his knee is projected to only keep him off the field for a couple of weeks.

Tatupu is not banged up. He had a sore hammy. Its just precautionary benching so Lofa doesn't turn a sore hamstring into a torn hamstring. He will be fine by the regular season.

Something to consider with these guys is how terrible the hawks d-line has been the last few years. Their lack of excution has caused the LBs to step up and be placed in situations that were not condusive to their health. This year our starting d-line will have a combined weight of over 1000lbs. That is a lot of beef for on o-line block. This year our LBs should have more freedom to run around and make plays. Instead of focusing on making up for the lack of ability or our D-line.

Speaking of Curry, and knowing what you know now, who would you rather have? Curry or Crabtree? I live in downtown Seattle and some of my Seahawk buddies were really disappointed you guys passed on him.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Hawksfan81, What did you think of Charlie Whitehurst? I think he'll be the starter before mid-season.

I think he looked very comfortable in the offense. Sharp and accurate. However, he was playing against backups and a vanilla defense.

Matt has out performed him all training camp. IMO, the only thing that gets Charlie on the field is an injury to Matt. If the O-line gels and holds up the way its anticipated to do to, then Matt's health will be a lot easier to maintain.

An injury or bad play from Matt for three or four games will get Whitehurst on the field. Hasselbeck is done if you ask me and has been for a few years now... my money is on Whitehurst starting by the end of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone