LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

DE Will Tukuafu

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
the fullback needs to just be a lead blocker.

we have too much talent to depend on the fullback to do more than just block.

Really I bet that is what people thought when Rathman was the fullback too.
I love what miller brings but the thing I hate is that roman splits him out wide, when the f**k is he gonna beat a cb? Never! I like miller to lead block obviously, don't mind him running for 1 or inches or catching a pass in the flat. Now I doubt roman will use tukuafu as a wr but then again Were talking about roman here smh
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Really I bet that is what people thought when Rathman was the fullback too.

it's not to understate the job he does blocking. he's excellent at it.
if we're going to be honest that's all that he should have been doing.
there was no need to involve him in the passing game.
hopefully the next man up can block
and this can remove roman's excuse of using him integrally leaving people actually designed to do pass catching out of the loop
Originally posted by cciowa:
it did remove romans main weapon in the passing game

all we need is the blocker
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it did remove romans main weapon in the passing game

all we need is the blocker

"romans main weapon"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
still think dixon gets used more

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Anthony Dixon could actually do really well as the new FB, I'm lookin forward to it!

^^
Originally posted by LVJay:
"romans main weapon"

he was in week 2
Is this a Tukuafu thread? I do remember this kid steamrolling fools though, and when he hit someone everyone heard it. He ain't even close to Miller though, that was only when he actually hit someone lol
From what I saw, every time Miller caught a pass it was for 10 or so yards, which isnt bad. Who cares if Roman uses him in the passing game.
I am not happy about this. He never impressed me as a blocker. He gets caught up on the line too much.

Tukuafu will hopefully put our jumbo package over the top...
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I love what miller brings but the thing I hate is that roman splits him out wide, when the f**k is he gonna beat a cb? Never! I like miller to lead block obviously, don't mind him running for 1 or inches or catching a pass in the flat. Now I doubt roman will use tukuafu as a wr but then again Were talking about roman here smh

You do understand football right? Moving fullback out wide to match him up on the corner is strictly to try and get 1 on 1's on the inside. On players like VD for example. Not hoping miller beats the corner.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

It's to make a defender actually guard him to take pressure off another receiver.
wothless on defense, but as a 290lb FB
short yardage blocking back ...thats it ......he wont hit the field as a D-Lineman
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Dec 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone