LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

Vikings get roster exemption for Percy Harvin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seems the Niners are not the only team with a player disappearing from training camp, as the Minnesota Vikings now got a similar roster exemption (with the "left squad" designation) for Percy Harvin:

Link

It seems Harvin has been away from the Vikings since late July, when his grandmother passed away. Now in contrast to the trouble Kenwan Balmer has, Harvins problems seems to be that the migraine problem he battled last year seem to be getting worse again, but nonetheless, the Vikings do not know when he will return and so they got a roster exemption for him.
Great player but nothing can be done with his migraines. Real tough b/c one week he could be good then down the next week.
If, and it is a big If. But if Balmer is seriously suffering from Depression, which I suffer from. Its hard to function certain days.

You have like mood swings, good for a few days, and bad for a week or so.

But if it is cause of his inverstigation of the incident with Cam Thomas and Marvin Austin, then I dont understand.

I initialy wanted him gone, but now im waiting confirmation on the reason he is gone.
Originally posted by NoOffseason:
Seems the Niners are not the only team with a player disappearing from training camp, as the Minnesota Vikings now got a similar roster exemption (with the "left squad" designation) for Percy Harvin:

Link

It seems Harvin has been away from the Vikings since late July, when his grandmother passed away. Now in contrast to the trouble Kenwan Balmer has, Harvins problems seems to be that the migraine problem he battled last year seem to be getting worse again, but nonetheless, the Vikings do not know when he will return and so they got a roster exemption for him.

Let him have his weed back and the migranes will go away
Originally posted by smifunk:
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

Link

Let him have his weed back and the migranes will go away

[ Edited by SF4EVA on Aug 14, 2010 at 20:02:57 ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
He'll never be compensated for his future concussions. He got migraines before he even got hit.
Percy "Migraine" collapses while watching Practice, taken off in Ambulance

Percy Harvin collapses at practice

Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin collapsed while watching practice Thursday and was taken away in an ambulance.

Migraine, who suffers from severe migraine headaches, vomited and then fell to the ground, the Star Tribune reported.

Coach Brad Childress says Harvin was able to speak, but was disoriented for a few minutes after he passed out at Thursday's practice. Childress says Harvin may have had a migraine headache attack, and he was taken to an unspecified hospital.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5476849
Man, that's crazy. I hope they can do something to help this kid out.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Man, that's crazy. I hope they can do something to help this kid out.

I think that that's an indication that you should step away from football.

-9fA
i hope the kid is gonna be alright

Percy Harvin could have a great career and be a superstar but honestly, not sure this guy should go on with his career. He surprised everybody by staying out of trouble (pot) and played really well. I believe he had problems with migraines even before he started playing for Vikings. IMO he might want to seriously think about quitting football before he ends up with brain damage or death.
hope everything's ok
I've never had migraines but I know they're pretty bad..I rarely get headaches but the few times I've got them they do suck ass.

Hope he gets better
Migraines suck
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
hope everything's ok

I hope this isn't serious....
Share 49ersWebzone