There are 235 users in the forums

If the Jets were willing

Shop 49ers game tickets
Revis would be a great addition, but the Niners are struggling to resign Davis, Franklin, Goldson, and Lawson. Does it make sense to go after Revis if we can't retain these guys? What message does it send to our soon to be free agents?

Niners need to be loyal to the players they have that DESERVE a new contract.
I would love to see him in a Niner uniform, but I don't think they can afford him.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nobody is going to trade the best CB in the league.

This. & no
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
clements isnt that bad we dont need revis and his fat ass contract which wont let us resign any of our players

+1

Our current players are way to important than his big head.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nobody is going to trade the best CB in the league.

Deion?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
clements isnt that bad we dont need revis and his fat ass contract which wont let us resign any of our players

This

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 10, 2010 at 05:52:10 ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Jets whole D got raped all game long. I don't think they expected henne to not suck. BTW I hope the jets ownership doesn't pay him, f**k athletes for not honoring their contracts..

WOW!!!

Man, Ginn is a Jet slayer, didn't he have the 2 kickoff returns for over 100 yards against the Jets too?

That was nice to see, at least we know the potential is there on any given play.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for MRNINESEVEN.
Hell yes in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Revis would be a great addition, but the Niners are struggling to resign Davis, Franklin, Goldson, and Lawson. Does it make sense to go after Revis if we can't retain these guys? What message does it send to our soon to be free agents?

Niners need to be loyal to the players they have that DESERVE a new contract.
I would love to see him in a Niner uniform, but I don't think they can afford him.

STRUGGLING???????????????? No we aren't. It's because next yr as of now is an uncapped yr. It throws everything out of wack. We will sign Davis.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! Franklin wasn't signed to a long term becauise of his age and how long he's been in the league and it's obvious we want to see if he can produce again. Goldson & Davis will be resigned. BOOK IT> LAwson hasn't shown much at all to give him a phat contract same with Franklin. If Franklin can do what he did last yr then we will give him a 3-4 yr deal. Look at his age and his position??

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
2 first and a 2nd? f**k that, stick to madden

Because the best defensive player in the game isn't worth that? Remember, if we get Revis our draft position is likely in the 25th pick range. The 2nd rounder would also be a late pick. But hey, maybe we can use another Balmer instead

im pretty sure nolan thought we would be giving the pats a late round pick too when we tanked that season. f**k that. revis is good but we dont have to f**k our future picks up to get one guy. 1st and 2nd rounders are usually starters, thats three starters for one. and all the money we would have to give revis would screw us in trying to resign VD, Smith, Goldson, Franklin etc. it makes no sense. we need to draft a corner in the first round next year and sign one in FA when we cut clements because his contract will be ridiculous next year unless he restructures.

draft is a crapshoot. Revis is a guy who can keep Fitzgerald to 10 yards and no TDs on a consistent basis. He would make us a superbowl contender TODAY. I don't often get too excited about outrageous trade possibilities. Didn't want Cutler, Marshall, McNaab I was on the fense about. But this guy has hall of fame potential. Remember when we didn't sign Deion? We would have at least 1 more ring if we did.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
While were at it, let's get Chris Johnson and Peyton Manning.

What's so outrageous? Did this thread say getting Manning? Or getting Manning for David Carr in a straight up trade? Revis is officially a holdout, and may remain so for the entire season because the sides are so divided over their philosophy of what he is worth. Last year a franchise QB (or at least thought of as such at the time) was traded. Few years before that, the best pass rusher in the game. Champ Baily has gotten traded. McNaab went to a division rival!!! Brandon Marshall, one of the top 5 or so WRs in the game, was recently shipped over to Miami. So what makes this such an outrageous proposal?

I never said it was outrageous, where did you read that?
f**k no
f**k THE JETS I DONT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM f**kFACES
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Jets whole D got raped all game long. I don't think they expected henne to not suck. BTW I hope the jets ownership doesn't pay him, f**k athletes for not honoring their contracts..

With his current contract, Revis would be the 7th highest paid member of the Jets secondary. Just to put that in perspective, it's the equivalent of Willis making somewhere between what Bownman and Wilhem make. I think he's got a valid concern.
While were at it, let's get Chris Johnson and Peyton Manning.

What's so outrageous? Did this thread say getting Manning? Or getting Manning for David Carr in a straight up trade? Revis is officially a holdout, and may remain so for the entire season because the sides are so divided over their philosophy of what he is worth. Last year a franchise QB (or at least thought of as such at the time) was traded. Few years before that, the best pass rusher in the game. Champ Baily has gotten traded. McNaab went to a division rival!!! Brandon Marshall, one of the top 5 or so WRs in the game, was recently shipped over to Miami. So what makes this such an outrageous proposal?

I never said it was outrageous, where did you read that?

Your proposals of getting Manning and CJ are clearly sarcastic, because they would be outrageous. Equating that to the suggestion of Revis, suggests to me that the Revis trade would also be outrageous. Excuse my comment if I misunderstood your implication
Share 49ersWebzone