There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawks Advance Their Journey Into Boner-ville

Quote:

According to SI.com's Jim Trotter, "observers contend" that J.P. Losman is beating out Charlie Whitehurst to be the Seahawks' No. 2 quarterback.
Whitehurst's draft-weekend acquisition is already looking like a bust, and first-year GM John Schneider may draw the brunt of the blame. Either way, it's become clearer and clearer daily that Matt Hasselbeck's starting job is safe.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2780

Poor judgment on Seattle's part from the beginning. You can't simply transition a hot-shot Don Coryell-system backup into a hybrid-Bill Walsh Offense, and expect him to unseat (from day one) a veteran QB (Hasselbeck) who's played the Bill Walsh Offense his entire career.
f**k the Seahawks!!!
Remind me what they gave up and what they paid the guy. I remember thinking they gave him too much for someone who has never started a regular season game
Originally posted by teeohh:
Remind me what they gave up and what they paid the guy. I remember thinking they gave him too much for someone who has never started a regular season game

From what I completely recall, Seattle swapped their 2nd round draft positions in this years draft (where SD ended up using that pick to trade up with Miami to the #12 spot for Ryan Mathews; and in jest, Seattle drafted Golden Tate). Seattle also coughed up their 3rd rounder in 2011. And to top it off, they signed him to a 2-year; 10 million dollar contract!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I was watching an interview with rah,rah, Pete and noticed Mike Williams in camp, Pete said he was doing good. I think Carroll is keen on his ex-USC players that have been NFL busts. Problem with getting ex-USC players they will have to play for less money than they made at USC.
Originally posted by BobS:
I was watching an interview with rah,rah, Pete and noticed Mike Williams in camp, Pete said he was doing good. I think Carroll is keen on his ex-USC players that have been NFL busts. Problem with getting ex-USC players they will have to play for less money than they made at USC.

Heyooooo!!! Hahahaha "less money than they made at USC"
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by BobS:

Heyooooo!!! Hahahaha "less money than they made at USC"

who's gave jp losman permission to come back into the nfl?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by teeohh:

From what I completely recall, Seattle swapped their 2nd round draft positions in this years draft (where SD ended up using that pick to trade up with Miami to the #12 spot for Ryan Mathews; and in jest, Seattle drafted Golden Tate). Seattle also coughed up their 3rd rounder in 2011. And to top it off, they signed him to a 2-year; 10 million dollar contract!

Well, you can't put a price on "Clipboard Jesus"
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who's gave jp losman permission to come back into the nfl?

WINNER!!!

So basically JP Losman is the "Meg" of the NFL
Moved down about 20 spots in the 2nd round and gave up a 3rd round pick for a guy who has still not even had one pass attempt after being in the NFL for 4 (maybe 5?) years. Crazy!
I was very suprised to see them make that move. I had no idea who Charlie Whitehurst was at the time. But honestly at this point I can't defend or hate on the move. He got a two year deal. I think with a two year deal, it does not tie the Hawks hands behind their back. Especially with Matt being expected to play the first year. Charlie also has no game experience right now, but then again neither does Sam Bradford and he is tied up for longer and more money.

As far a Losman goes, I didn't mind that move at all. They bring in a guy to play third string QB who has played in over 40 games in the NFL. You normally do not get that type of experience in a third string QB. Plus they only signed him for one year. Its low risk/high reward IMO if he ends up working out.
i was watching nfl net top 10 coaches who belong in college and pete carroll was like #8, by halfway through this season the delusional seahawk fans will start to realize it
Originally posted by crabman82:
i was watching nfl net top 10 coaches who belong in college and pete carroll was like #8, by halfway through this season the delusional seahawk fans will start to realize it

Was it the same NFL Network that listed Jerry Rice as having the 7th best hands in NFL history? Because most of you guys didn't seem to agree with that. What you said is without a doubt a possibility. On the other hand, Pete could also pull a Jimmy Johnson and have a lot of success in the NFL. Pete already has a winning record in the NFL. Contrary to popular assumption.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Was it the same NFL Network that listed Jerry Rice as having the 7th best hands in NFL history? Because most of you guys didn't seem to agree with that. What you said is without a doubt a possibility. On the other hand, Pete could also pull a Jimmy Johnson and have a lot of success in the NFL. Pete already has a winning record in the NFL. Contrary to popular assumption.

theres only 1 nfl network buddy dont play dumb, singletary has a higher career winning percentage than carroll in the nfl, contrary to seahawk assumption