Charles Haley
Alex Karras
Steve Tasker
Ken Anderson
Ken Stabler
Bob Hayes
Jim Marshall

Let me know if I forgot anyone.

My thoughts are that we are nearly the end of the great list of the players we grew up watching. The old school players that made this game great. I don't see a lot of the "2000's" players hall of fame worthy so these guys from the past should have a better shot of getting in. The further we go along the better shot we have of getting in these guys because in the future I expect less and less players worthy. Why? A lot of players are about the money now days.... players change teams a lot now..... players don't go as long as they use to (RB say 3-5 prime years not 8-15), more attitudes, less hard working, injuries, etc.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 7, 2010 at 21:53:31 ]
chris carter, marshall faulk
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
chris carter,
marshall faulk

I don't understand why Carter is not in. 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons should be good enough, was he an a-hole to the media?
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by teeohh:
chris carter,
marshall faulk

I don't understand why Carter is not in. 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons should be good enough, was he an a-hole to the media?

Shortly after, Carter had a falling out with coach Buddy Ryan and was a surprise cut following the pre-season. Carter later admitted that Ryan released him because of alcohol and drug abuse, large amounts of cocaine being his drug of choice, and credits his former coach with helping him turn his life around as a result.

He definitely turned it around though...

# Bart Starr Man of the Year (1994)
# "Whizzer" White Man of the Year (1998)
# Walter Payton Man of the Year (1999)

Now he has been giving speeches at the rookie symposium for a number of years.

I think he should be in this upcoming year.
I think it's time for Stabler. I hate the Raiders but the guy was money.

The best argument I've heard is the comparison to Namath. Stabler and Namath have nearly identical stats . . . actually Stabler is slightly better, they both have one Superbowl Ring, also Stabler's winning % as a starter puts Namath to shame.

Namath went in his 3rd year of eligibility . . . Stabler has been waiting for 20 years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StabKe00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

With me it's an East Coast bias thing. It's horses**t
Jerry Kramer really deserves the honor. Its been long overdue!

My list for the class of 2011 would be:

Jerry Kramer
Deion Sanders
Marshall Faulk
Charles Haley
Ray Guy
Roger Craig
Jim Marshall

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 7, 2010 at 22:22:06 ]
A random guess and a completely uneducated opinion

Haley
Sanders
Faulk
Richard Dent
Stabler
Chris Carter
Craig
I hate that they make some guys wait. Some of the rules are completely arbitrary. You're either a hall of fame player, or you're not. There's no reason Cris Carter should have to wait to get in.
Deion as a 49er???
Originally posted by GoldCoast49:
Deion as a 49er???

They don't go in with a team.

sanders
faulk
reed
carter
sharpe
craig
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Deion as a 49er???

Even if they did I doubt he would go as a Niner. He got big money, got us a championship and left for Dallas. I think he calls Dallas his team even though he started with the Falcons.

Man, wish he would have stayed. We could have possibly got more Super Bowls. In his one year with the 9ers he had 6 INTs with 303 return yards and 3 TDS. That is 50 yard average on returns and 3 TDS!!!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Deion as a 49er???

Even if they did I doubt he would go as a Niner. He got big money, got us a championship and left for Dallas. I think he calls Dallas his team even though he started with the Falcons.

Man, wish he would have stayed. We could have possibly got more Super Bowls. In his one year with the 9ers he had 6 INTs with 303 return yards and 3 TDS. That is 50 yard average on returns and 3 TDS!!!!

He would've stayed if the Niners paid up. They didn't, and Jerry did.
It'll be a sad, sad day when Marshall Faulk gets in as 1st ballot and Roger Craig will continue to wait for a day that may never come.
I got....
Sharpe
Craig
Sanders, Deion type
Faulk
Bettis
Roaf
Share 49ersWebzone