Haha my favorite player of all-time.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Homo4Romo:

in other words

"I did hookers and blow in my jacket"

I actually think he and Smith were more crucial to the offense than Aikman. Irvin was a tough b*****d...

...for a crackhead.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I actually think he and Smith were more crucial to the offense than Aikman. Irvin was a tough b*****d...

...for a crackhead.

I think they were all important in their own ways. I think we win maybe only one Super Bowl missing just one of them.

Irvin was the heart and soul of our team. Winning was everything to him and it showed in his work ethic and how he played the game. IMO the only person that worked harder than Irvin was Jerry Rice. He also was great for the locker room (minus his legal troubles). When we had Deion he was causing a rift on the team by claiming Aikman was racist. Irvin had a talk with Deion getting him to back off. You might say he's the Anti-TO.

Aikman was a great leader. He wouldn't be afraid to get on guys for playing poorly, but unfortunately when we got Switzer he lost a lot of influence. Switzer tried to be friends with all the players and because of that a rift formed between Aikman and him. Many say Aikman was the most accurate passeer of all-time and I happen to agree.

Even though I liked Aikman and Irvin more, Emmitt was by far the most valuable player on our team. Emmitt was holding out and the Cowboys started the season 0-2. This prompted Charles Haley to get mad at Jerry during halftime, chunking his helmet toward Jerry and getting embedded in the locker room wall. He then screamed at Jones yelling to pay the man. After that we won the Super Bowl that season. He may not have been big or fast, but I have never seen better vision or balance in my life. This is why I rank him right up there with Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

Well I hope this post didn't bore you too much
  • BobS
  • Veteran
"Well I hope this post didn't bore you too much"

No but it almost made me throw up the fried chicken I was eating.

How good was Irvin stabbing that rookie with scissors do for the locker room?

...for a crackhead.

I think they were all important in their own ways. I think we win maybe only one Super Bowl missing just one of them.

Irvin was the heart and soul of our team. Winning was everything to him and it showed in his work ethic and how he played the game. IMO the only person that worked harder than Irvin was Jerry Rice. He also was great for the locker room (minus his legal troubles). When we had Deion he was causing a rift on the team by claiming Aikman was racist. Irvin had a talk with Deion getting him to back off. You might say he's the Anti-TO.

Aikman was a great leader. He wouldn't be afraid to get on guys for playing poorly, but unfortunately when we got Switzer he lost a lot of influence. Switzer tried to be friends with all the players and because of that a rift formed between Aikman and him. Many say Aikman was the most accurate passeer of all-time and I happen to agree.

Even though I liked Aikman and Irvin more, Emmitt was by far the most valuable player on our team. Emmitt was holding out and the Cowboys started the season 0-2. This prompted Charles Haley to get mad at Jerry during halftime, chunking his helmet toward Jerry and getting embedded in the locker room wall. He then screamed at Jones yelling to pay the man. After that we won the Super Bowl that season. He may not have been big or fast, but I have never seen better vision or balance in my life. This is why I rank him right up there with Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

Well I hope this post didn't bore you too much

Nah, I live in Cowboy-land and my best friend is a die hard fan, so it's nothing I haven't heard before. And any Charles Haley story is bound to be gold.

I actually agree with you about Smith. As for Aikman...we'll have to agree to disagree.
Originally posted by BobS:

Sometimes rookies need stabbin'.

Wait...he stabbed a guy? Off to google!

Haha you gotta keep those young guys in line. Did anyone ever find out why he did it? I've never heard the reason for it.

Haha you gotta keep those young guys in line. Did anyone ever find out why he did it? I've never heard the reason for it.

Pearlman writes that Michael Irvin, incensed that tackle Everett McIver, in mid-haircut, would not leave a barber chair at training camp in 1998 so Irvin could get his haircut first, stabbed McIver in the neck. McIver was rushed to the hospital and survived, but not without losing a lot of blood. Irvin's silence on the charge has been deafening. I asked a Cowboy who played on that team if the story was true. "Absolutely,'' the Cowboy said. "I'm surprised it was kept quiet over the years.''

If I ever see Irvin at SportClips, he can cut in line.
Question:Which is better, a beautiful woman, or an NFL Super Bowl Sunday?
Answer: Spam!
But rather than force you to choose between your two loves, I prefer to just pair Spam! and Spam! together.
After searching the Internet,I am so glad to show you”The Spam!”
Take a view of my favorite "Spam!"

[ Edited by pantstickle on Aug 6, 2010 at 19:26:02 ]

Pearlman writes that Michael Irvin, incensed that tackle Everett McIver, in mid-haircut, would not leave a barber chair at training camp in 1998 so Irvin could get his haircut first, stabbed McIver in the neck. McIver was rushed to the hospital and survived, but not without losing a lot of blood. Irvin's silence on the charge has been deafening. I asked a Cowboy who played on that team if the story was true. "Absolutely,'' the Cowboy said. "I'm surprised it was kept quiet over the years.''

If I ever see Irvin at SportClips, he can cut in line.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
in other words

"I did hookers and blow in my jacket"
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
LOL. Im sure he found some secret stashes in that blazer for his habits too!

Unfortunately for Irvin, his crackpipe was also inducted into the Hall of Fame, it was placed right next to the hundred dollar bill that Lawrence Taylor used to sniff coke.

Originally posted by English:
There was no player I wanted to hit in the face with a baseball bat more than Michael Irvin. If half the stories about him a true he is a major piece of trash.

This. And Bill Romanowski

i F**kin HATE romanowski. more then most things in life. i remember last year they were doing a recap on csnbayarea and him and eric davis were asked who had the better season. and romanowski said raiders had a better season by far because they had their qb situation figured out and blah blah...this was when they had russell still and no campbell.