There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Okung holdout

hassleback must die!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
There isn't a lot of info out there about what the issue is. I have read that five years versus a six year contract is the problem. I have read that guranteed money may be the issue. I have also heard that his agent is trying to get him more money than Berry got because he feels that LT is more important than Safety. No idea when this will be resolved.

who is his agent?

Peter Schaffer and Lamont Smith
I don't care if he signs tonight or re-enters the draft. If we can't beat the Hawks at full strength, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Aug 6, 2010 at 14:35:09 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope he holds out for a long time
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope he holds out for a long time
haha this is great if he doesnt sign they are screwed at left tackle, plus a rookie at left tackle is rough anyway this is great
Okung might sign before the end of the weekend

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5632&line=177207&spln=1

lets hope the holdout hurts him from the start and he becomes a bigger bust then Aaron Curry
Adam_Schefter

RT @mortreport: Filed to ESPN: Last one's basically in - Russell Okung agrees to a 6-yr deal w $30 mill guaranteed, $58 mill maximum deal.
$58 Mill for a rookie tackle.
so much for that
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

how much did jake long get? i remember he was probally the best T to come out in a while
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

how much did jake long get? i remember he was probally the best T to come out in a while

I think it was a 5 year $57 million deal and $30 million in guaranteed

[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Aug 6, 2010 at 10:22:21 ]
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I think it was a 5 year $57 million deal and $30 million in guaranteed

damn the rookie pay is getting rediculous jake long was the first pick and okung is the 6th and they are getting paid almost the same and this was just 3 years ago if im not mistaken
They need a rookie cap SO badly. If I were a 10 year solid vet making $4 mil a year, I'd be pissed to see a f**king rookie come in raking $30 million guaranteed in a $58 mil contract. After playing 0 downs at the pro level. That's nonsense!