LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Antonio Gates signs 5 year extension, $7.2m per year, $20.4 guaranteed

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
http://twitter.com/mortreport

Posted by Chris Mortenson via Twitter.

Let's see how this impacts our signing of Vernon.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM ]
Nice.
Jason LaCanfora: Chargers announce premier TE Antonio Gates signed to an extension through 2015. Big move for the Bolts.
ok VD time to get it done
Good for Gates. Chargers being proactive.

But this becomes a non issue for Vernon if he produces again this year like last.
The grand total comes to $36.175 million!
Davis' deal will be in that ballpark I'd guess
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I think that sets the roof for Vernon. Niners need to sign him before the season starts - so they ca focus on signing Goldson
Not what I was expecting for Gates, he is clearly in his prime, and getting short of 8M a yr by 800,000.

So, I can see Vernon getting this type of deal.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I think that sets the roof for Vernon. Niners need to sign him before the season starts - so they ca focus on signing Goldson

Vernon will probally get a 6 year deal though and bump his numbers up that way.

6 years, 44 million, 25 million guaranteed.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

The moment we get all our rookies signed Vernon will definitely be the next dude in line to get a contract extension before the regular season. (We basically have to restructure his contract since he'll be tanking the salary cap since he's on the final year of his previous extension +incentives he might earn before the end of the year).

I think it was either Borrows or Maiocco who confirmed from an inside source that once we lock up our rooks we'll be extending a handful of vets (I see Davis and Goldson getting locked up first.)
Best TE in the league, IMO
That should keep Vernon from asking for wide-out money like people had been saying earlier in the summer.
V.Davis' asking price has to be at least $40 mil w/ more than 20 guaranteed.

He might ask for 8 million a year

-maiocco

49ers aint paying that
Bye bye Vernon
Share 49ersWebzone