There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Besides the 49ers, what other team(s) are drawing you interest in 10?

i cant root for any other team than the 49ers, but one team i would like to see make the playoffs are the texans. the texans and 49ers both were the worst teams at one point of our drought and both have overcome their obstacles and are SO close to being great again. therefore, i have some random respect for the texans

I have a feeling that the 49ers and texans will make the playoffs in the same year (hopefully this year)
Fins, Texans and possibly the Falcons.
There are five teams in particular that I firmly believe could make a surprising run if the chips fall correctly for them. These teams are Buffalo, Houston, Tampa Bay, Miami and Carolina.

Houston has a developing defense, and an explosive offense featuring a Pro Bowl QB, WR, and TE, along with a strong running attack that will feature Steve Slaton paired with Arian Foster and rookie Ben Tate. This is a playoff team that was only kept out of the playoffs due to failure under pressure by their Kicker.

Buffalo has a nice budding, young defense as well, and the switch to a 3-4 will help utilize the talent of players like 2nd year player Aaron Maybin. The Bills have a strong special teams unit, especially in their return game with guys like McKelvin, Spiller, and Parrish. Jairus Byrd might be their best man in the secondary, another strong unit for Buffalo. If someone can step up at QB, this team would be hard to beat.

With Miami, it's the same story. Henne has to play well and with Marshall on the team now, he can't use the lack of weapons as an excuse. Ronnie Brown and Ricky take the heat off, but their passing game is what needs to be better if they want to make the playoffs.

I'm excited to see how the Bucs do this year. They brought in a great deal of defensive talent. However, time will tell how quickly these rookies (McCoy, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn) will adjust to the NFL level. It was a good thing Josh Freeman got to sit and watch for a while before being named the starter. It seemed to help him grow towards the end of last season. As expected, he played awful early on, but he got better. He needs to build on that, and if he can, and if the defense can be better, they'll be in the hunt for a spot.

Carolina may have the best shot of taking one of the wildcard spots. They have arguably the best two-headed monster at running back with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Tyrell Sutton isn't bad either for a 3rd. Matt Moore looked great in the 2nd half of last year. But can he repeat that success? Or was it just a fluke? Their defense improved dramatically over the last half of the season and one has to think that if this team can stay healthy (Steve Smith had a tough break), they could feasibly even take the division. However, if the team has to start Clausen or Pike, they're in trouble.


All but Houston have their success hedging on an unknown at the QB position. If these teams QB's play even just above average, they'll have a shot -- especially Carolina.


Teams that some might think are under the radar, but will still likely stink:

Bears - their defense is very simply.. not good.
Browns - see Chicago, but add in offense as well.
Seahawks - a great deal of distractions, and a coach that won't take them anywhere early on.
Jaguars - They did little to improve their pass rush, and their special teams are mediocre.
Steelers - Big Ben is a talented player, but their line is probably not going to play well enough for them to make a push.
As a huge CAL fan, I will be watching the Lions to see Best play. I also don't mind watching Suh. When the 9ers are done or before, the Lions will be on at my house. I can't believe I just said that!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Fins (korey Sheets)
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
As a huge CAL fan, I will be watching the Lions to see Best play. I also don't mind watching Suh. When the 9ers are done or before, the Lions will be on at my house. I can't believe I just said that!

Agreed. I'm interested to see if the Lions can upset the better (on paper) teams than them within their division. Plus I hope Jahvid Best tears it up!
Seahawks because of Carroll
Jets because of all the FA signings and curiosity about the RB situation
Cards because of Lienart's performance
Colts to see if they have the SB slump experienced by many SB losers the following year
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,814
None.
B-More Ravens!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
There are five teams in particular that I firmly believe could make a surprising run if the chips fall correctly for them. These teams are Buffalo, Houston, Tampa Bay, Miami and Carolina.

Houston has a developing defense, and an explosive offense featuring a Pro Bowl QB, WR, and TE, along with a strong running attack that will feature Steve Slaton paired with Arian Foster and rookie Ben Tate. This is a playoff team that was only kept out of the playoffs due to failure under pressure by their Kicker.

Buffalo has a nice budding, young defense as well, and the switch to a 3-4 will help utilize the talent of players like 2nd year player Aaron Maybin. The Bills have a strong special teams unit, especially in their return game with guys like McKelvin, Spiller, and Parrish. Jairus Byrd might be their best man in the secondary, another strong unit for Buffalo. If someone can step up at QB, this team would be hard to beat.

With Miami, it's the same story. Henne has to play well and with Marshall on the team now, he can't use the lack of weapons as an excuse. Ronnie Brown and Ricky take the heat off, but their passing game is what needs to be better if they want to make the playoffs.

I'm excited to see how the Bucs do this year. They brought in a great deal of defensive talent. However, time will tell how quickly these rookies (McCoy, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn) will adjust to the NFL level. It was a good thing Josh Freeman got to sit and watch for a while before being named the starter. It seemed to help him grow towards the end of last season. As expected, he played awful early on, but he got better. He needs to build on that, and if he can, and if the defense can be better, they'll be in the hunt for a spot.

Carolina may have the best shot of taking one of the wildcard spots. They have arguably the best two-headed monster at running back with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Tyrell Sutton isn't bad either for a 3rd. Matt Moore looked great in the 2nd half of last year. But can he repeat that success? Or was it just a fluke? Their defense improved dramatically over the last half of the season and one has to think that if this team can stay healthy (Steve Smith had a tough break), they could feasibly even take the division. However, if the team has to start Clausen or Pike, they're in trouble.


All but Houston have their success hedging on an unknown at the QB position. If these teams QB's play even just above average, they'll have a shot -- especially Carolina.


Teams that some might think are under the radar, but will still likely stink:

Bears - their defense is very simply.. not good.
Browns - see Chicago, but add in offense as well.
Seahawks - a great deal of distractions, and a coach that won't take them anywhere early on.
Jaguars - They did little to improve their pass rush, and their special teams are mediocre.
Steelers - Big Ben is a talented player, but their line is probably not going to play well enough for them to make a push.


You're cold on the Bears even after they signed peppers? Remember you don't always have to have a good secondary to have a good passing defense, just a good front 4. Look at the 2007 giants. IIRC the Bears on their DL have like Peppers, Harris, and Alex Brown is decent. Plus they'll be getting Urlacher back even though he's old. I think they're about 8-8 or 9-7 but if their front 4 does some damage and Martz/Cutler mesh well(which they probably wont, this could be like JTO+Mad Martz all over again) they could make some noise.
I guess I can root for the Lions, i always like the underdogs
I too, like the underdogs.

Besides, Cleveland is already beaten up and the whole Lebron thing is devastating.

It's like the sports world is old school Roy Jones Jr, and CLE is


Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
the 9ers, f**k all the other teams. its all about the red and gold making these playoffs this coming season. all i want is us taking care of business come sundays, mondays and a thursday.

+1

+2

+lulz


thank god somebody said it
I think the skins are gonna suprise some people in the NFC...
Originally posted by kronik:
I guess I can root for the Lions, i always like the underdogs

I like what they are doing there (Det) and for once it would be nice for my son-in-law to have something to cheer about.

For me the Ravens. I also like what Harbaugh is doing with that team, and they did destroy the Patriots so can't be that bad.