There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Packers' Jolly suspended by NFL

Green Bay Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly was suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, the NFL announced Friday.

Jolly's suspension begins immediately and will continue through at least the 2010 season. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement following Super Bowl XLV.

"Johnny is a good player that loves everything about the game of football," the Packers said in a statement. "We appreciate the contributions he has made to the Packers the past four seasons. His focus and priorities now lie elsewhere –- our thoughts are with him during this difficult personal time."

Jolly, 27, is scheduled to go to trial at the end of July in Houston following a 2008 arrest for illegally possessing at least 200 grams of codeine. If convicted, Jolly faces up to 20 years in prison.

Codeine is among the banned substances the NFL tests for, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello.

A four-year veteran, Jolly has started every game for the Packers over the last two seasons, recording 88 tackles, one sack and an interception in that time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819279c0/article/packers-jolly-suspended-indefinitely-after-violating-substance-abuse-policy
Ouch thats a big loss for the packers
sign him...

oh wait
"What a loss."

~George Lopez
He was just trying to top Chris Simms.

And the rivalry continues!
another purple drank victim?
f**k yeah!!! One less player to worry about when we play those f**kin douchebags!
wonder what kind of suspension did the O-Linemen from N. England Patriots got for having 200 e pills or whatever it was a yr/2 ago

r. goodell at his worst...i want p. taglibue(sp) back
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jul 16, 2010 at 11:26 PM ]
I guess he's not so Jolly anymore...
that's unfortunate
Fu*k da fudgePackers.
Big loss for Green Bay, but they have built great depth, they'll be fine.

Everyone thought they were screwed when they lost Kampman and Harris, but guys stept in and they moved right long. They've done an outstanding job building threw the draft.
Texas A&M gentleman.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

RIP Jolly Rancher.
Originally posted by GEEK:

RIP Jolly Rancher.

lmao. This is EXACTLY what I was going to do.