There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young

Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Aaron Rodgers has a bigger arm and throws a better deep ball than Young.

Young felt pressure and moved around the pocket better than Rodgers has.

Young was also a much more dangerous player when plays broke down.

They both have great accuracy on short to medium routes, and they both have benefited from entering great systems with most of the talent in place before they ever took the field.

As individual players, I don't think they're that similar.

In case you didn't notice, this thread has nothing to do with whatever similarities the two players have. The crowd was lost at Aaron Rodgers + [insert positive remark]. You say anything positive about Rodgers around here and the people go ape crap.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

They both have great accuracy on short to medium routes, and they both have benefited from entering great systems with most of the talent in place before they ever took the field.

In case you didn't notice, this thread has nothing to do with whatever similarities the two players have. The crowd was lost at Aaron Rodgers + [insert positive remark]. You say anything positive about Rodgers around here and the people go ape crap.

Hahaha, nah, I noticed, I was just doing my part to pretend that most of the last five pages didn't exist.

FWIW I don't think Rodgers would have had nearly the level of success he's had so far if he had been drafted into the 9ers situation. Still a great QB though, and a lot of fun to watch.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Rodgers is a fine QB, but overhyped.

His game is nothing like Steve Young's.

The end.
Alex Smith is gonna light up Aaron Rodgers and green bay in the playoffs!
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jul 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM ]
OP is a phaggot