LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Rodgers is better than Smith in the pros, it doesn't matter what team you put them in. Alex Smith still has time to redeem himself, but Aaron Rodgers should not be mention next to Steve Young. It's unfair to Rodgers and disrespect to Steve Young.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Here's what I think:

DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER COMPARE THAT #&$(_#$#$*+# ##$ %# PIECE OF #*$&#+%+% TO STEVE YOUNG!!!

EVAR!!

K thx bye.

P.s. %_#(%_#% %#$%

This! %&*(#!

oh yeah right .... I bet if Alex put up the exact same numbers as Rodgers has, AS A 9er....most of yall would have no problem saying he could become the next Steve Young.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM ]
Don't feed the troll.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Aaron Rodgers is an average QB with a big arm and nothing better than that.

Aaron Rodgers is a beast. Everyone says he wouldn't succeed in our team because we were bad, that's a lie. He woulda instantly made us better..

Probably this.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Here's what I think:

DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER COMPARE THAT #&$(_#$#$*+# ##$ %# PIECE OF #*$&#+%+% TO STEVE YOUNG!!!

EVAR!!

This.

K thx bye.

P.s. %_#(%_#% %#$%
Originally posted by pelos21:
I dont know about Steve Young, but I do know that we picked the wrong QB in 2005. Yeah you can make a million excuses why Rogers had a better set up, but at the end of the day the guy is a baller! I think he was sacked more than anyone in the league last year and still managed to put up 4000 yards. I dont know that Smith has it in him, even in the optimal conditions.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont know about Steve Young, but I do know that we picked the wrong QB in 2005. Yeah you can make a million excuses why Rogers had a better set up, but at the end of the day the guy is a baller! I think he was sacked more than anyone in the league last year and still managed to put up 4000 yards. I dont know that Smith has it in him, even in the optimal conditions.

thats because he holds onto the ball more than any one in the league

He's better than Alex Smith.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He didn't start doing well really until the 2nd half of the season when he got his 2 starting OTs back and like the game where he played our d. I believe 33 of those sacks came in the first 7 games or something like that when their OLine was playing 3 back ups. Not to mention even though he had a jacked up OLine for the first half of the season he still had Driver, Jennings, Finley, and Grant. That's a hell of a Recieving group and an underrated running back who had a very good season. Grant actually had a better year than Gore.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Eli Manning- He already has won the superbowl, his starting RB is always injured, WAAY more accurate, his D sucked so its not his fault his team sucked, no great WR, and when he had a good D and great WR, he won a damn superbowl

2009 (as a team)

NYG - 1837 yards rushing for 4.1 ypc. 103 1st downs gained.

GB - 1885 yards rushing for 4.2 ypc. 102 1st downs gained.

Looks to me like they had the same amount of production from there ground games. As for the WR's, Steve Smith outproduced both Jennings and Driver whilst Mannigham and Nicks were also very productive (822 and 790 yards receiving respectively). Basically they got very similar production from there respective WR's and TE's.

Both QB's were able to throw for over 4000 yards, yet Rodgers completed 2.4% more of his passes and threw for 0.3 yards more per attempt. Rodgers also was sacked nearly 100 times more than Eli.

Eli has a ring on his finger, Aaron Rodgers doesnt

I guess Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino???

Man, if you don't see similarities between Rodgers and Young then you should stop watching football. Also, why so much hate so Rodgers?

He wanted to play for us, but we were the one that didn't want him. He never once crapped on the 49ers and is even friends with Alex Smith. Why hate on him if he playing great?

This!

The Rodgers hate is annoying. It's not his fault he doesn't play for us. There's no reason to hate this guy. No one was saying he's as good as Young, the op was merely pointing out the similarities in their game. Comparisons are constantly made between old greats and rising stars. Why are people so offended?

This has nothing to do with Alex Smith. And please people, stop saying we would be praising Alex if their roles were reversed. What happened, happened and we have no way of knowing how it would have turned out otherwise. It's just funny to me that people will say something ridiculous in one breath such as Rodgers is just mediocre then say in another breath that if Alex had gone to Green Bay, he would be doing what Rodgers is doing.
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Aaron Rodgers is a beast. Everyone says he wouldn't succeed in our team because we were bad, that's a lie. He woulda instantly made us better..

Probably this.

then not only do you know nothing about football but u have never seen rodgers play have u seen him? He holds on to the football forever with our o line back then (and even now) how well do you think he will do despite the fact he learned under the same system leaned under favre and has had better targets and a better o line
This sucka ass OP got banned so this whole subject is stupid.
Aaron Rodgers has a bigger arm and throws a better deep ball than Young.

Young felt pressure and moved around the pocket better than Rodgers has.

Young was also a much more dangerous player when plays broke down.

They both have great accuracy on short to medium routes, and they both have benefited from entering great systems with most of the talent in place before they ever took the field.

As individual players, I don't think they're that similar.
Share 49ersWebzone